Is there a way to mute a single clip of a grouped set of clips?

Hello all :slight_smile:

Does anyone know if there is a way to use the mute tool to mute only one clip in a set of clips that have been grouped together?

Basically, I have 5 clips on 5 lanes which are all in sync and, using Ctrl+G, have been grouped so I can easily move them around the timeline, together. I would like to be able to mute individual clips of this group of clips with the mute tool but without having to ungroup them first, select the clip I want to mute and then regroup all of the clips back together again. I was hoping there was a modifier keystroke I could use while clicking with the mute tool that would allow for this but I can’t find anything that works.

Thank you in advance for your replies and please let me know if I can explain this better.

Kevin

Select the mute tool and control click the clip that you want to mute

@anon68974185 - Thank you. I have tried that but using the mute tool and control-clicking, mutes and unmutes all 5 clips :frowning: I also tried control-clicking with the pointer tool as well and no luck :frowning:

. I failed to mention that I am on WIn10 and N10.x. Is your control-clicking only for Mac?

I will try later and write you here

1 Like

AFAIK, (and I can be mistaking) this is not possible.
Once the events are grouped, they act as one single event.
The whole purpose of grouping …

Fredo

@Fredo Perhaps this could be considered for a feature request (although it would appear I’m the only one asking for it :wink: ). Modifying a click of the mute tool with Ctrl, Ctrl+Shift, Ctrl+Alt, Alt, Alt+Shift, or Shift to allow the unmute a single clip of grouped clips would be a good workflow improvement, IMO :slight_smile:
Thnaks,
Kevin