Is there a way to (re)name / combine plugin vendor name?

For example I’d like to combine these 3 names to just 1:
Native Instruments
Native Instruments GmbH
Native Instruments Software Synthesis GmbH

Also there are some plugins with no vendor name at all for which I’d like to set the vendor name myself.

Is it / could it be possible?

Not possible.
An option would be not to use vendor names, and to use custom categories to simulate the “vendor names” you would like.

I see

Well this may work for several plugins scenario only but would be pretty crazy manual work for dozens / hundreds…

Well this may work for several plugins scenario only but would be pretty crazy manual work for dozens / hundreds…

FYI, there is away to assign a category to multiple plugins in one operation: select all desired plugins, and set the category.

Good tip! However in my understanding the Custom category field is useful only for plugins with no category set or if the default assigned category does not suit the user needs / taste.
Following your suggestion to use Custom category instead of the Vendor category (e.g. typing the vendor names in the Custom field) I would lose the possibility to (sub)sort via effect categories (like EQ, Dynamics etc.)

I think you should take this up with the plugin vendors, since they decide what their company name is inside the VST3 plugin. Nothing anyone else can do about it, except for PG to maybe add a second custom category…

What would be needed, is a feature to remap vendor names, as there is already one for remapping facikity for categories.

Naturally I do realize the proper solution would be to push the vendor, however this is hard (even impossible) for old / unsupported plugins…

It’s not about VST3 plugins only but VST2 and DirectX as well.

I’m still having an issue where in my favorites folder, UAD makes it’s own folder but Waves doesn’t and favorite Waves just show up in the root, and iZotope makes a folder for Ozone 5 (full), but the Ozone EQ and Dynamics are in the root.

All in all, it just looks like a mess. I can’t find a way to make Waves and iZotope etc. just have one folder.

Is anyone else having this issue with Waves?

Absolutely! This way I could have easily combined “Other” and “Other Category” plugins into just one category.
NOTE: at first I combined them to “Other” but then it was a mess in the Master section plugins as all the plugins which originally had no category assigned at all, suddenly were showing “Other”, therefore I had to combine them to “Other Category”.

I’m still having an issue where in my favorites folder, UAD makes it’s own folder but Waves doesn’t

And when you uncheck the option “Create submenus based on prefixes”?

When I uncheck that box, none of the plugins have their own vendor folder, the UAD folder disappears and all favorites are in the root.

I’m hoping to have a folder for each vendor in the favorites…Waves, UAD, iZotope.

Waves are all the same version, and iZotope Ozone is actually the same plugin, just different elements so it’s weird that some would be in the iZotope folder and some are not. With Ozone advanced, you get separate plugins for each section if you want. Sometimes I like to run just the EQ or dynamics vs the entire Ozone plugin.

PG, do you plan to make any changes at all?

I will consider some changes, but this won’t be in the short term (ie. not in a potential 8.0.4)

Understood

So what is the status with regards to 8.5?

It is still on a todo list, but without a priority assigned.