Is there a way to save the Render Settings within the Audio Montage?

I’m fiarly new to Wavelab but using it professionally for mastering. One thing I’m struggling with… When I Render a Montage, I put in all the settings for folders, naming etc, it’s a bit of a faff… But those choices aren’t saved with the Montage. so when I come back to the project having made some changes after getting feedback, I’m left with the Render setting of the previous Montage I had open, not the settings from the Montage. so every time I have to go back in and reset before rendering. Is there a way to get this data all saved within the montage. I’ve looked through a bunch of stuff and all the tick boxes I can find but I can’t see it! Thanks

WaveLab has a history list for recent folders and names. These are shared. Are you asking for the same settings but private to a given montage? (currently, this is not possible).

Thanks PG1. Yeah, I’m aware of the folder history, which is excellent. I just wish I didn’t have to select it when going to a previously saved Montage, and then go and change the export settings. I was worried this wasn’t possible! What a pain… Thanks

Though they don’t deal with the folder path, Render Presets are handy for saving just about everything else you can adjust in the Render Ribbon Tab which makes for pretty quick work.

Thanks Justin, I’ve got your presets too which are great. It’s just a question of remembering to set it! So like earlier, I rendered a Montage, then the client came back with ISRCs, which I added… But I can’t just hit 'render again, although I’ve already engaged my brain earlier to think about the settings, Ive got to think again because I’ve done some other work in between. I don’t really see why it’s not saved within the Montage, its actually within the ‘Montage’ tab on the screen. But hohum!

I think it makes sense to save the path. I just never really though about it because between the recents list, and Default Folder X, it just hasn’t really been a point of friction for me but it’s a good suggestion.

I guess, coming from Pro Tools, Cubase also, the ‘export’ settings default to those last used in that project… Because of that it’s led me to make a lot of mistakes exporting to the wrong folder or with the wrong text etc. In wavelab although I’m getting used to it!

Understood. When I came to WaveLab from Pro Tools about 10 or 11 years ago, I was very confused.

The one nice thing about the WaveLab render path is how you can manually edit it before rendering and then it makes that folder for you.

For example, if this path is already entered:

Artist_Album_2496_WAV_V1

You an manually change the 2496 to 1644 right in the render path in WaveLab and that folder is made. It’s much easier than having to create that path via the MacOS menu system or manually.

So while WaveLab is quite different than nearly all mixing DAWs, it does have a lot of positive things that make working in it for mastering or finalizing masters an overall net gain.

Yeah, that function is incredible! I wish everything did that! Thanks Justin