Is there a way yet to export the click track with the audio?

I need to export a mix with the Cubase´s click on it, is there still a way to do this easily? Like a one button solution?

No

:open_mouth:

Ok, so what´s the hard way?

Search a click sound an put it at the click positions.

1. Put a VSTI into the VST instrument rack (and set it up/select your desired sound)
  2. In the metronome setup (under the transport menu) make sure that “Activate MIDI click” is checked
  3. Set “MIDI port/channel” to the input of the VSTI in the rack
  4. Record the VSTI’s output/the output of the VSTI will be in the main output (depending on your setup).

Actually, you can easily record the audio with the metronome through a loopback. It’s even easier if your audio interface has internal loopback capabilities.

Thanks!

Hi,

Add me to list of confused people trying to simply export a song minus the drum track but WITH the metronome for our drummer. Why is this complicated?

I have cubase artist 7, and i’m kinda new to vsts… shinta215’s steps don’t seem to work for me, i’m doing something wrong…

1. can i use groove agent and a GM drumkit for the VSTI? The sound I want is cowbell (more cowbell) on G#2
  2. i checked the activate midi click box.
  3. I am not sure what step 3 means… Where am i finding the input? If i use a midi track i see where i can select a midi channel for that track, but if i select groove agent, this is not an option. ???
  4. I guess i’m not getting step 4 either, as i’m getting no cowbell.

Any help?
Thanks,
Dan

“1) Put a VSTI into the VST instrument rack (and set it up/select your desired sound)
2) In the metronome setup (under the transport menu) make sure that “Activate MIDI click” is checked
3) Set “MIDI port/channel” to the input of the VSTI in the rack
4) Record the VSTI’s output/the output of the VSTI will be in the main output (depending on your setup).”

Hey Dan,

Just use an Instrument Track. No need to mess around with the Synth Rack and setting up MIDI channels. Simply right-click anywhere on the Project Window and select Add track> Instrument Track. Choose Groove Agent or even Halion Sonic as your synth and press OK. Then load up a patch and record, or draw, the MIDI information you need into the Instrument Track. Very simple!

BTW, make sure you Quantize the notes if you record, so they are completely in time with the project.

Another option if you have a drum VSTi:

I have Jamstix, I’m guessing the others have a similar function: I just put in the drums I want for 1 bar (maybe a snare on the 2 and the 4, a loud stick on the 1 and a soft stick on the 3, or whatever the drummer wants to hear), then duplicate the bar throughout the whole song.