Is there an Easier Way to Record Track Output in Cubase?

Hey everyone,

I’m finding it unnecessarily complicated to record the output of a track (including all its inserts, effects, and automation) into another audio track in Cubase.

For now, the only method I’ve fgiured out is:

1. Create a group track.
  2. Route the original track to that group.
  3. Create a new audio track and set the group to send to that track
  4. Record on the new track.

This works, but it feels like a long process for something that should be simple. In other DAWs I’ve used, I could just set the input of the new track to the output of the original track and hit record without needing to create group tracks.

Does anyone know if there’s a faster way to record a track’s output, including all the inserts and effects, without having to go through this group routing process? I just want to bounce a section with all the effects and automation quickly to a new track.

Is there an easier way?

Guess you’re not on 13 as it works just like the other DAWs now.

EDIT: Sorry I stand corrected, it works for instruments to audio but not audio to audio tracks.

wait what? I’m on 13 and I can’t directly route an audio track into another audio track.

What you could do otherwise is make an audio mixdown and instead of selecting stereo out, you select only your particular track. and then reimport the the audio file on a new audio track.

Maybe what you´re looking for is render in place? If I am not mistaken everything you´re asking for and even more is right there. As I use it quite often I created a shortcut, so it´s always just one click away.

1 Like

I would say render in place is indeed the way. Moreover, the file is automatically generated and there is no need to record. Unless OP wants to do something special that needs the recording to take place.

Ahh right…audio to audio doesn’t work for some reason…but often if someone wants to do this it’s because they are tweaking a vsti during playback which is why I’ve tried it myself and you can select an instrument out as audio track input
You can even select the stereo out as input if you set track out to no bus so you don’t feedback.