Dorico has the requirement to be the new standard in notation software. For me, however, the software is still far from fulfilling this claim. I searched the forum and found nothing like this.
Dorico is not finished. It has a promising concept. But I would not like to pay the high cost of the purchase still updates for functions which are now simply missing. And I do not mean any specialties!
I must have the follow functions:
- Coda, dal Segno usw.
- Repeated Bars (whit the like % sign)
- Notation for drumsets (Rhythm notation). Multi-Instruments on different lines)
- Different outputs for repeated structures (deutsch: Voltenklammern)
- Import from a MIDI file into a flow (now it’s only into a new project possible)
- A key-editor for input and editing music (like in Cubase: record live with a click (metronom))
Apart from the last point, the functions MUST have a standard notation software for pro’s. They are missed in Dorico now.