Is there any way of knowing which sound libraries are free in the download assistant?

After watching Dom Sigalas video on 5 free Halion instruments here:-

I noticed that he mentioned (as in the video description) that you can get his ‘Engine Roar’ preset for Halion directly from the Download Assistant app, i.e:-

But, as seen from my screenshot, There’s absolutely nothing within the download manager to let you know if you have access to them or not.

Is there any way of finding this information out? i.e. i guess i’m asking if there’s any other free content in there which isn’t included with full Cubase install.

Also, how do creators get added to the download assistant list? Or is Dom’s stuff added on there as he works closely with Steinberg?

2 Likes

Should probably be put in ‘Complimentary Products’

@Matthias_Quellmann

Also noticed, DDP Player is not in the DLA, which is also a free product.
DDP Player | Steinberg

1 Like

It’s complEmentary, not complImentary. :grinning:

But, yeah, I will forward the idea of a “Free” category.

BTW: The engine roar library was created a year ago for a “How to” video on HALion 6. That’s why it is listed in the SDA. How to Use HALion 6 to Create a Sample Library | Recording and Sampling a Super Car - YouTube

As we can log in to the download manager, it’d be great if the app would highlight the items with an icon, or different colour, which we are legible to use.

As an idea moving forwards, of course.

grammar and sleep deprivation don’t align.

Free Halion (SE compatible) content seems like a great way to promote and direct people towards Steinberg products, publish free releases in Gearslutz New Products, KVR, etc, etc. One release is promoting 5 products

1 Like

As we can log in to the download manager, it’d be great if the app would highlight the items with an icon, or different colour, which we are legible to use.

+1 for this!
why can I even download Nuendo when I only have a Cubase artist license.
downloading 20GB and installing just for the application to tell me I don’t have a license seems a little counter-intuitive

1 Like

You can install Nuendo without a license to get prepared when the producer is bringing in his dongle for the hit record session :wink:

It would be a great benefit if the license status of products would be visible in the download manager…

2 Likes