Is there any way to post screen shots on the forum?

Sure, but this is generally the quickest way to get help. Tech support depends on what country you’re in - see the list of local distributors at Become a Steinberg Reseller | Steinberg

You were granted the “Basic” badge on this forum 18 days ago; you can upload images. Try taking a screenshot then pasting straight into the reply box here.

1 Like

I am sure that there is small print somewhere that informs new users of the criteria for being able to upload a file: but I myself have never encountered it.

In reality a new member can only discover these criteria by trial and error. I hope I am wrong about this; but it would appear that an attempt to post an image when at level 0 does not result in a message being sent to the new member explaining the criteria.

Perhaps that might be rectified.

David

IIRC To get on this Discourse forum the first time, you had to click through several screens, one of which contained a description of how access levels worked. If you prefer to learn by poking around on your own, that is your privilege; but then don’t complain when you get lost in the weeds.
https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/

I fear you’re lost in the weeds. I asked a simple question. It’s the topic heading. I didn’t get a simple answer.
I always read T&C. I can’t find them NOW to refer back. But keep your aggressive tone. That’s ALL I need.
I won’t be back.

Drag and drop a picture on to the message window (that’s the text field you type into)
Or
Use the Upload button, which is this one:image
Or
Put your picture on the clipboard and then paste into the same text field.

I’n repeating two of these answers from elsewhere in the thread.

I was responding to the post above mine. I’m not sure why you thought this was all about you.