Is there some setting that can prevent lyrics on tied notes being truncated in the right margins?

As in this example?:
Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 1.50.13 PM.png
I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but I’m surprised that the lyrics don’t automatically stay within the music frame border?

Thanks for any help!

• D.D.

No automatic setting at present, no. Obviously the lyric should be centered under the note, since the second part of the tie chain is on the next system. But there’s not currently a setting for it. I recall hearing there are quite a few issues that will be addressed in this regard, since it’s no small feat to change their formatting based on system breaks.

There are a handful of things that can bump outside the frame. Tempo marks are another one.

I seem to recall this happening on occasion with chord symbols also (occasionally having them overlap the right margins in an otherwise “un-Dorico”-like way!) Of course, I’ve now gotten spoiled since other than this the parts are so automatically created (compared to my previous “micro-tweaking” in Sibelius!) that I’m admittedly hoping to not have to finesse anything at all :slight_smile:

• D.D.