Is this possible? Snap Project Cursor to selected note

Is there a way, Key command, Macro, Logical Editor, to do the following:

In the Key Editor, with one midi-note selected, move the Project Cursor to the beginning of the selected note.

Reason why:

After tapping a midi track to an audio track in order to build a Tempo Map, I first want to visually check the alignment between de audio and the midi. To do this I open an Audio Editor and a Key Editor, in the latter I position the Project Cursor at the start of a midi note and check in the Audio Editor where that midi note is positioned in the audio.

With several hundred midi notes to check it would help if I could tap TAB (select next note) en tap XXX to align de Project Cursor.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

My way to do that would be this:

• select the next note
  • bring the locator to selection start. On my keyboard that would be “L”
  • press play

You should be able to combine any of those steps into a macro. Or can you put the keys close to each other on your keyboard.

Hope that helps.

Double post!

I’m not at my computer now, but I think all you have to is

• select the note in the key editor
  • press P
  • press 1 (on numeric keypad)

Thanks 7heFatRat and RichardTownsend. I didn’t know that “set locators to selection” also applied to individual notes. I made a macro and it works perfectly!

This is probably a few years late, but I’ve found the locate next event (key command: N) or locate previous event (key command: B) to be helpful, don’t need macro - just put a cursor anywhere close to the front of the first note, press N and there you have it. Or you could just click on the note and press L, the cursor will appear right the front of the selected note. Alternatively, based on your previous method, you can just press P and L really quickly after you’ve selected the notes.

1 Like