Issue aactivating Cubase Artist 8 from 7 (educational)

Good afternoon all,

Has any one else had the following issue:

I recently bought the upgraded for my Cubase Artist 7 (Educational) to Artist 8 using the recent 30% off promo.
When entering the Activation code provided by asknet (the retailer handling Steinberg’s sales) I get an error message of sorts - I have attached the screen shot.

Does anyone know what I should do here? This makes no sense to me. I have also contacted support but wanted to cover all bases.

I’m using an iMac on OS X 10.9 at present as Yosemite isn’t currently supported for Cubase Artist 7 so I never upgraded - especially after reading everyone else’s problems on here. I wanted to upgrade both and saw this as a perfect opportunity - at present I have only downloaded and installed Cubase Artist 8 as I wanted to get it working properly first. I also have internet connection (as it does ask in the message).

Help please kind sirs.

Hello,

you have Cubase Artist 7.5 on that dongle, possibly updated for free via Grace Period.
I deleted the attached image as it carried the USB-eLicenser number (never post this publicly to avoid unpleasant situations).

I found your e-mail, I’m going to reply ASAP.
[Edit: Replied to your e-mail]

Kind regards,