I’m comping and collecting parts from several projects for a film. Although I tidy up all the parts (start positions on the beat, length, end position etc.) when I import the data into a ‘parent’ project At Cursor Position events are imported at almost random places - sometimes earlier than cursor, sometimes later, and always not on the beat. It has something to do with different tempos in ‘daughter’ and ‘parent’ projects.
- Create Project 1.
- Create a Midi Track.
- Draw a couple of Midi Events on it from Bar 1.
- Create Project 2.
- Create Tempo Track. Alter it (make an additional point on the tempo line with a different tempo).
- Put Cursor at, say, bar 50.
- Import Tracks from Project → Project 1.
7a. Select the Midi Track. Check Events and Parts, check Channel and Inspector Settings, check Automation, check Import at Cursor Position.
- The midi events are not at Cursor Position and are not on the beat.
Thus the whole process becomes a mess.