Issue ONLY occurs when I "PROCESS" a selection of clips using the audio montage function

Processing Montage Using WL 8.0.4 (Build 701 64bit)

when I process a montage of audio clips I created Using WL 8.0.4 (Build 701 64bit) , the resultant file seems to be a Stereo 32 bit float 44 100hz file,
which I then have to manually change by clicking on the tab at the bottom right of the screen under the wav.file window/

The audio properties dialog box opens up, my selections are:
Channels (Stereo) which I can’t change
Sample rate: 44 100
Accuracy: 32 bit float <–*Which I CAN change by selecting the drop down menu and changing it to 16 bit.

My issue and question is - while I can create & save a preset, I seem to recall this NOT being an issue in the past, where somehow I set a default for my audio files being 16 bit/44.1 properties.

Over the last year or so, this began to happen and only when I started to go burn audio cd’s did I realize the bit resolution was incorrect, so I’d have to go back & re-sample the file for it to be a 44.1 / 16 bit file.

Question: Has anybody else run across this ? and/or is there a way utilizing
WL 8.0.4 (Build 701 64bit), running Windows 7, that I can save this default setting so when I process the audio montage, the resultant audio file doesn’t default to a stereo 32 bit/44 100 file format.

I’m at a loss as to where to find a way for me to change that default property (if it’s even possible)

Also - not that I think it makes (or should make) a difference, the only plug in I’m using to process the audio file is the Steiberg Vintage MKII Compressor utilizing a preset I created. I can process audio files without the resultant file being a stereo 32 bit file when I’m just recording audio to a new file, this issue ONLY occurs when I “PROCESS” a selection of clips using the audio montage function.

Any assistance, help or insights would be appreciated, Happy to provide any additional details to anyone to help them understand what I’m describing if I can do so.

Thank in advance for anyone’s assistance.
~JT