Issue with Cubase Pro 11 Update and Windows 10

ok… from the beginning…

How many drives you trying to use? Do you have a SSD drive? For Win10?
Tat would be a very good idea, since SSD drives are not much money anymore and increase the speed of the whole system.
It is a good idea to install Windows and all your software to a SSD as C drive.

After that you set one drive as working drive and one for all your libraries.
That’s how it is on my system at the moment and if I have done a project I move it to a network storage (NAS) and a backup drive…

Thanks for hanging with me! My C drive is a 2TB SSD. That’s where Windows 10 Home is located. My D drive is a 6 TB non SSD.

All my libraries are on my D drive. all my saved Cubase projects are on my D drive under a folder named Cubase Songs.

ok
then it is a good idea to have the installations on C and the libraries on D and you can move the not needed content to D as well
could be enough to delete all program directory copies on D and reinstall the programs on C

Ok. So, should I delete all Cubase content on my D drive that I copied from my C drive?

I can try that. I’m a little concerned since Windows does not even recognize Cubase on my C drive - meaning: it doesn’t show up in the Win Start menu or Add/Remove programs.

Do you use some special libraries?
Native Instruments or similiar?

I do. I have quite a bit of Native Instruments and I have some Spitfire Audio libraries that use their standalone player

I also have a lot of East West/Quantum Leap

st10ss - thanks for the suggestions. I’m still waiting to hear back from Steinberg Tech Support as well. I’ll wait to hear from them as well, and then try deleting from my D drive and hope I can install again on C drive. Thanks! Rick.

ok, Spitfire should be no problem, their standard player is installed on C anyway and the libraries are movable, use their tools to manage the installation

hmm I have no expierience with EastWest… read at their site what is the best way…

make backups of your data… save your licenses if needed

…make sure to un-install everything you can get aware of , to get the D drive clean, if you installed anything there, if not you can skip this, since Windows will overwrite everything on C with a fresh install
and then reinstall windows, fresh from scratch or with Windows System Restore
let windows erase the C disk… to have it really fresh
if you do that, make sure you saved everything on an offline media
normally it doesn’t affect the D drive but sometimes it goes wrong so be really sure to have everything save or disconnect the D drive during the System Restore

after the Windows installation do Windows Updates and start installing Cubase…
you should start with Cubase, since it sets some paths that other software (Spitfire, Waves, FabFilter) will use… VST3 path and such things

don’t change the default paths, it is not really necessary
Content is moveable these days…

ahh…
the licenses of the content… Cubase should store everything on the USB-eLicenser
so there is no further action needed as long you have all on the USB
all other providers have different systems, that can lead to invalid licenses after a System Restore, most of them have tutorials for this kind of situations…

Much luck…
keep us informed if it works

Thanks again for all the suggestions! Rick.

st10ss - one last question: why do you suggest a clean reinstall of Windows instead of an in-place upgrade? Thanks in advance.

obviously you did some changes to the OS that would remain in place with an simple upgrade and since we have no idea what these changes are it’s hard to make them undone

if you are able to fix everything or if you feel save to go on with the changes made
there is no need for a clean install

Thanks!