Issue with exporting png file with "hidden" rests

I’m having an issue when exporting files and sending them to a print shop.

First, I was successfully able to download my score as a pdf file; however, the print shop was unable to open my file so I sent it as 25 png files that they combined into one pdf. Herein lies the issue. My piece uses rests set to 0% opacity as a way to hide them so that I can remove rests in aleatoric sections without messing up the formatting. It works fine in Dorico:

It works fine in the pdf:
Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 9.07.53 AM
However, in the png file, the rests are no longer “hidden” which messes with the interpretation of these passages:

Here is a google drive link to the dorico project: Hatcher's Pass Wind - Flow 1.dorico - Google Drive

I would love to know if there is any way to fix this!

Did you export the images as mono or color? If you’ve used the opacity property to hide rests, you must export as color.

What @Lillie_Harris said. I downloaded your file. It exported fine to me with “Color” selected. However, background will be transparent. Not a big deal for printing, though.

Thanks! I can’t believe I didn’t think of that.

The real problem is working out why the print shop couldn’t open your PDF, of course.! :grin:

Vector is always preferable to bitmap.

I think the latest manual doesn’t give this example (although it does mention watermarks), but it should be included in the next one, as this is a common enough use case to require the support!