Rehearsal marks with sequence type bar numbers display as empty boxes in all parts that have per-staff (individual) time signatures. Score layouts as well as parts that only use global time signatures are unaffected by the issue. Bar number changes do not help.
Furthermore, it specifically seems to affect only rehearsal marks, as “regular” bar numbers display as expected regardless of frequency setting, etc.
- Add one (or several) instrument(s)
- Set a global time signature (e.g. 4/4)
- Set an individual time signature (e.g 2/4) on one instrument using Alt-Return in the popover (this works even if the flow has a single instrument).
- (Optional: Set a new global time signature at some point after the individual time signature change, and optionally a bar number change at the same point.)
- Add rehearsal marks (at will. The whole flow is affected by the issue).
- Make sure to set Engraving Options > Rehearsal Marks > Sequence > Sequence type: Bar numbers. (The same setting may also be set for an individual rehearsal mark in the bottom panel and propagated.)
- Show the part layout of the instrument with the individual time signature change.
Attached is a somewhat minimal example from v. 22.214.171.1246 to highlight the issue.
Polymeter and rehearsal marks.dorico.zip (414 KB)