Issue with „Violin Solo Combi“

Dorico 1.1.10.202 (VST 1.1.0.159).
“Violin Solo Combi”: Notes with slur are played very very quiet.
Error01.zip (645 KB)

I have also that problem. When I want a sounding overview over my arrangement I use filter to delete all slurs.
One “solution” for “Daily use” is to set the mixer to let the violin Sound play relative loud.

I have also that problem. When I want a sounding overview over my arrangement I use filter to delete all slurs.
One “solution” for “Daily use” is to set the mixer to let the violin Sound play relative loud.

When a note is not slurred, it uses the ‘Legato fast’ articulation in the violin patch; when it’s slurred, it uses the ‘Legato’ articulation. ‘Legato’ takes longer to become fully voiced than ‘Legato fast’, so for short notes it will indeed sound quieter.

You might find it preferable to use ‘Legato fast’ for both slurred and unslurred notes: if so, go to Play > Expression Maps Setup, select the ‘HSO Violin Solo’ expression map in the left-hand list of maps, select ‘Legato’ in the Techniques list, then in the Actions section, change key switch note 29 to note 30.

Than you very much. That was a giant help. It loosened a great irritation. I have dropped Sibelius now only for revising older projects - and for checking guitar-tabs.
My first full windband-project was a succes, and I learned a lot of the engraving powers in Dorico. What helped a lot was making “add custom score layouts” for wood or brass separately. (in Sibelius Focus on Staves).
Yours Arne Dich

Thanks for your help. It works.
But something new is. Note with accent “>” is played with “Violin Solo Combi” pizzicato.

Can you attach a minimal project in which this occurs? There’s no mapping for the accent in the default ‘HSO Violin Solo’ expression map.

Yes, see measures 41, 118 and next. (Sorry for my english)
Error03.zip (773 KB)

I’m really sorry for the delay in coming back to you. If you click the little cog icon next to the HALion Sonic SE entry in the VST Instruments rack in Play mode, you’ll see that the expression map used for the violin sound is currently set to ‘HSO Flute Solo’ – try changing this to be the appropriate violin expression map, and things should hopefully start to make a bit more sense.

That does not matter.
It was worth it, it works.
Thank you very much, Daniel.
There are user guide on this topic “HALion Sonic SE” ?

There’s a PDF describing the operation of HALion Sonic SE itself here, but this won’t touch upon how HALion is used within Dorico itself, unfortunately. We are working on documentation for Play mode in Dorico as part of our project to greatly expand the product’s documentation at the moment, and I hope that before the end of the year we will have pretty complete documentation for the product published. I’m sorry for the wait!

Thanks for PDF, Daniel. That’s good to know that there are christmas gifts.

Or a (near) first-anniversary update. :slight_smile: