Issues with ARA and Melodyne (crashes and poorly rendering of Melodyne in lower zone)

Hello

I’m having a lot of issues with ARA (crashes and improper rendering of Melodyne).

Notice how in the lower zone, usual bars like MixConsole, Editor, Sampler Control etc is gone. I can minimise the window and maximise it again and then I will get those bars back, but Melodyne will still not be rendered proper in the lower zone.

It does not help opening the project with factory preferences.

Here is an recent crash including dump file

Cubase 11.0.30.419 64bit 2021.8.10 15.00.11.034.zip (431.1 KB)

I also have these issues. They occur not only with Melodyne but also with other ARA applications, like SpectraLayers, and they seem to be related to the HiDPI setting in Cubase. If you disable this option, the problem should go away. According to a thread in the SpecreaLayers forum, Steinberg will fix the issue with the next free Cubase update (11.0.40).

1 Like

Hi

I have reported your crash. We will investigate.

Good news! The crash should be fixed in Cubase 11.0.40 by our ARA developer. This update is coming soon.

Sadly, it hasn’t worked for me in Cubase 11.0.40.

Crashing in Cubase 12.0.51 with Melodyne 5

Getting crashes with Melodnye 5 Studio with Cubase 12.0.52. Tried Melodnye is Studio One 6, and no crashes. Trying to figure out what’s causing the crashes here.

Same here! Melodyne 5, C12.60