Issues with downloading Cubase 12.0.10 in the Steinberg Download Assistant

Activation Manager as well…!? Hmm…

They do communicate with each other I’m pretty sure… so… who knows. Maybe a little blip happened somewhere.

edit

Also, check what’s inside your Downloads\Steinberg folder, maybe empty it out if there’s stuff in there.

Thanks for suggesting! I removed all files in this folder (it was having “WIN64” folder) and tried the install again but still no luck…

you’re sure as server engineer you didn’t do some cool tweaks somewhere? Being smart comes at a cost sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m out of half-decent ideas sorry, a stupid idea is to create a new OS user with necessary privileges and try from it… just to see if it works.

Haha. For now, I’ll install the latest one individually and hope I can install the next update using SDA. :wink:

You’ve looked at what is running in the background on your system? if something like DropBox or Adobe is active, try disabling.

And this is ridiculous because it hasn’t been mentioned yet, but you tried a system restart right? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t use DropBox… using only OneDrive. Oh, and using ESET.

Yeeess, I did again and again. :laughing:

Damn, was hoping to have a good laugh for the rest of the day… Especially with you as a server engineer.

Well, good luck, enjoy the new version.

1 Like

haha, thanks!! and thanks to all of you here replying me!! :wink:

1 Like

Similar problem here. Updated installer, selected Cubase 12.0.10, then install all. All packages downloaded but as each one tried to install got a message similar to the one I posted here that is just for the Cubase package. I have rebooted, prayed to a variety of deities, etc. but keep getting this error. I will also try the individual Cubase install but wanted to give you another data point with hopes it helps isolate a problem.

Edit: On Windows 10 upgrading from Cubase 11

Ran individual Cubase 12 installer and that went well this time. However, I keep getting the pop up below when trying to register the key. The first time I got the message I downloaded and installed the new eLC, tried again and keep getting the same message.

elic

Downloaded eLC again, rebooted machine, tried to register key and got exact same result. Oh dongle, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. Zero. I love you zero ways dongle.

It’s not letting me go past this point - can somebody help me out of the ditch here?

Out of morbid curiosity I tried the download assistant again for grins and giggles and guess what - it worked. How? Why? There is no telling. But it at least it let me upgrade my license. Now I am trying to install 12 again with the download assistant to see if that works. It’s underway now so we’ll see how it goes. In the meantime, I will take pleasure in the fact that at least my license got recognized (see image).

Providence decided to smile on me after many attempts. Now everything is green in the download assistant. No idea why it made me do the big adventure but it all works now and I am a stronger person for having gone through it.