Izotope plugin UIs sluggish after Cubase 10.5.2 update

After updating to Cubase 10.5.2, the user interface for Izotope plugins have been sluggish. For example, I click the preset button to load a preset, and it takes 5 to 10 seconds to respond. Same with moving a fader, et cetera, et cetera. Izotope plugins were fine running Cubase 10.5.12, and plugins from all other companies are fine in 10.5.2…even more system resource demanding plugins. An Izotope plugin as the only plugin in a project is slow, but a boat load of other makers’ plugins loaded at once runs fine. I don’t know if the problem is with Cubase or Izotope, so I’m cross posting to Izotope customer support. Any thoughts?

Because I had exactly the same problem, I bring this thread up again.
Here it was definitely not a Cubase problem, as the standalone application of Ozone 9 showed the same behavior.
The solution was simple, but not obvious:
After I started Ozone 9 once as admin, everything worked fine again - including all plugins - without problems and with smooth graphics.

A couple of months ago, I did a fresh OS reinstall. When reinstalling Cubase and all related plugins, I gave my user account temporary admin privileges. The above issue hasn’t been an issue since.

1 Like