iZotope RX 7 & RX 8 plugins crash Nuendo - Could it be related to Sonarworks SoundID plug?

I’m trying to find out why the iZotope RX 7 and RX 8 plugs randomly do crash Nuendo, both in insert and DOP. Once the project crashes, it always crashes with RX thereafter. Sometimes it helps to back up project, sometime not. If back up project dose not help I need to export AAF and rebuild a new project from scarcht, which is not very handy.

I’m guessing everything and it may have been since I’ve been using Sonarworks SoundID, who knows…

Can anyone report the same problem with iZotope RX plugs?

I’m on a mac with Catalina 10.15.7, Nuendo 11.0.2

Make sure that there are no more vst2 versions of the plugins present on your system.
That’s the only thing I can think of.

Fredo

Tjanks Fredo, just for clarity, you mean all RX vst2 plugins, right?

I don’t know how they can cause conflict but since I no longer know what to do I try to delete all the RXs from the vst2 folder.

Well, just for now, only the RX vst2 plugins.
But know that vst2 plugins are no longer supported.
Only those who were really well written will still work, but it is only a matter of time before …

Fredo

I know it’s been said before, many times… but redundancy is one of my strengths.

iZotope acknowledges that RX8 has problems with Nuendo/Cubase 11. Their tech support also reported to me that RX7 has problems with N/C 11 as well. Those of us who are experiencing hangs and crashes have known this all along.

Am waiting and hoping for a revision that works. It’s been over a year. If I didn’t use RX8 in standalone for preprocessing (and I do love it) I’d be steaming, rather than just chronically annoyed.

Chewy