Izotope RX8 and Nuendo 10

Hey all,
Regarding RX connect and RX8 issues- I just received a refund from izotope. I’ve been using their products for several years without issue.
They gave me my money back for the upgrade from RX7 advanced to RX8 advanced- which was around $300.
Wasn’t expecting that! RX7 connect works fine, so I’ll stay there for now.

Running the latest build N11 and the RX8 Advanced “Connect” issue is still broken?!

Yes, the problem is still not solved. I have sent several emails complaining about the issue. They are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it. My expectation for a solution is pretty low at the moment. I urge more of you to keep sending complaints to Izotope!

Wow - this is really disappointing that it’s not been fixed. I just ran into this issue cause I’m usually using RX in PT and not Cubase but I needed to scrub a vocal and just ran into this RX8 Connect bug. Disabling auto-apply doesn’t correct it. I hope we’ll get an update as to when it does work. I do miss “Audio-suite” when I’m in cubase - the DOP thing is a little clunky for me.

One of my colleagues has gotten the refund from iZotope, as well. I haven’t tried, since I feel like I’m getting pretty good value out of it in standalone-- the improved batch processing and some of the other modular doodads are enough to keep me from boiling over.

But that doesn’t take away from the fact that it’s been a ridiculously long time without a fix.

I mentioned in another thread that according to the tech I’ve been working with at iZotope, even RX7 is not fully compatible with N11. My colleague and I have been experiencing RX Connect and other RX DOP-based crashes on long projects, and we’ve been sending crash logs over there for the last few months. Frustrating.

I am not a coder, and I have no idea what it will really take to get RX products fully up to spec with Nuendo, but I sure wish they’d figure it out.

Chewy