JABB Playback Template - Aria Player not loading

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.8 MB)

I have John Barron’s JABB playback template, and seems to no longer load the sounds after upgrading for Dorico 4.1.

I’m sure I’m probably doing something wrong, but wanted to see if this is a known issue.

Do existing projects you’ve created that use this playback template still work? Does the problem exist only for new projects?

New projects

I never really tried using it until now. I only tried once several months ago on a project, but never ended up using it. Just didn’t have time to utilize it.

Is there a place to download the playback template again? Or, perhaps @John_at_Steinberg can post a link here?

I’m having trouble finding a link to it.

Hi @TimothyWhalenMusic ,
Aria does not get loaded with you because it is not on the whitelist. Please go to the Preferences dialog, choose the VST Plug-ins tab and there move Aria from the blocked list. Then a restart of Dorico is necessary but after that I expect it to work again.

Hi Tim
I’ve also put the download on the Resources page: Resources – Dorico
It’s working for me, but whitelist the plugin as Ulf just suggested and if it still isn’t working then let me know which ARIA Player version you have as I think I updated a little while ago and I’m now on v2.001 (https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4548377288599-ARIA-Player-version-2-001-Apple-Silicon-Native-)

Thank you all.
Whitelisting & upgrading Aria, and deleting and reinstalling the JABB template worked. Everything is loading perfectly now.

One last question.
I can’t figure out now to route each JABB instrument to the appropriate channel in the Dorico mixer.

It all depends how you set up JABB in Aria. (I don’t have JABB, but do use Aria with GPO5 and the principle is the same):

If you load each JABB instrument into its own instance of Aria, then route every instrument in Dorico to [the appropriate Aria Instance] port 1 channel 1.

But if you load all your JABB instrument patches into different slots of a single Aria instance, then route each in Dorico to port 1 channel x (where x is the slot for that instrument in Aria).

Use the Aria MultiPlayer and assign the output channel as shown (as well as the input channel).