So far, this is what I’ve done:
- Created 4 projects: JABBTrumpets, JABBTrombones, JABBSaxes, and JABBRhythm.
- Created 2 expression maps: trumpets and trombones. Each supports mutes and release effects. Exported each map.
- Exported all of these endpoints.
- Created a new playback template that specifies these four endpoints and then defaults to HSSE+HSO Pro. JABBRhythm omits drums as I think that will need an endpoint of its own, so currently Halion provides the drum set.
- Create a new score using the Big Band template.
- Change guitar and bass to instruments supported by JABBRhythm
- Apply my new playback template.
This playback template is basically working in the attached project. Mute changes work. I can turn on/off doits and falls if I define a Playback Playing Technique.
- My mixer is not obeying the Number of MIDI channels setting in my Endpoints. I see the full 16 channels per Aria instance.
- In order to support JABB brass release effects, I need to define Playback Playing Techniques for them, as the glyphs don’t yet support playback by default. How do I make these part of my JABB playback template?
- I have yet to seriously look at staccato, tenuto, marcato support. I am using the Default expression map until I have some instrument feature that needs something. I know Dorico is aware of these markings and makes duration adjustments, but I am wondering if I will need to/want to reach under the hood for these as well.
JabbPlaybackTemplateTest.zip (510 KB)