Join the Dorico beta testing team – applications now open

If you would be interested in joining the beta team for Dorico, please visit our new beta sign-up site and submit your application:

https://beta.steinberg.net

You will need a MySteinberg account in order to use this web site, so make sure you know your MySteinberg username and password before you begin.

Edit 8.06pm: You may experience problems signing in to the beta site if your MySteinberg account is not filled out with at least your first and last name (and we also recommend entering your postal address, as you will need to enter it later on anyway in order to sign the necessary legal agreements). Before you begin, go to the MyProfile page under MySteinberg on the main Steinberg web site to check that your profile is complete before you apply.

In order to join the beta team, you will need to agree to a non-disclosure agreement and a separate beta testing agreement with Steinberg. Please read these agreements carefully, as they are legally binding documents. You may not apply to join the Dorico beta team if you are currently involved in the testing of any other scoring software.

Please note that we will not be able to accommodate everybody who applies to join the beta team, and you will only hear from us if your application to join the team is successful. We are very grateful for your support.

The login screen fails.

At the bottom of the page, after seeing a lot of stuff, it says Debug = true in your Django setting, change to False. Googling this issue says its a problem on the server.

Robby

I’m getting exactly the same

You have to fill out all information on your MySteinberg:

https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=9074&L=1

All of my information is filled out.

I had to remove the Cookies, then resubmit everything.

I’ve tried umpteen times. Although I’m already logged in I’m told that either my user name or my password are incorrect, or that my e-mail address is already in use.

What on earth can I do to get into this particular site?

Hi Derek,

Are you able to log into the main MySteinberg website here: https://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg/my_products.html

Thanks,
Ben

Thanks for the feedback, it does look like the beta site relies on the fact you’ve filled out your first name and last name. I’ll look into fixing that.

Robby, I hope you don’t mind but I removed the screenshot as it not only contained your personal information, but debug data that shouldn’t have been visible to the world - now fixed!

To Ben

Yes. I logged in and changed my password - tried again failed, reset my password back to the old one but still get told that my user name doesn’t exist when I try to apply to be a tester.

This is what I see. Nothing to hide here. Apparently I don’t exist.

You may experience problems signing in to the beta site if your MySteinberg account is not filled out with at least your first and last name (and we also recommend entering your postal address, as you will need to enter it later on anyway in order to sign the necessary legal agreements). Before you begin, go to the MyProfile page under MySteinberg on the main Steinberg web site to check that your profile is complete before you apply.

Derek, that is your Steinberg forum user profile, not your MySteinberg account, which is a separate log-in for your registered Steinberg software and hardware products. You can log in to MySteinberg (or create a new account) here:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg/my_products.html

I’ve now updated the beta site to allow empty first names and last names coming from MySteinberg so hopefully you should see fewer error messages now.

Sorry for the inconvenience if you were an “early adopter” and had problems logging in!

No problems encountered with beta site - awaiting approval

:wink:

graham

No problems encountered with beta site - awaiting approval (2)

Sounds great Ben!!

Thanks for letting me know. Sorry if I posted things I shouldn’t have.

Robby

It worked for me. It said I was already registered, but I received the activation email and was able to send the application for the beta program.

I hadn’t realised that the login and password for this site were different from the login and password for MySteinberg.
Apparently, without realising the difference, I has created a MySteinberg account some time ago, which is why I was repeatedly told when I tried to create a new one that my user name already existed.
It might just be helpful to see a warning somewhere that the two Steinberg sites are actually different. Other sites such as Vienna Symphonic Library have everything under one roof.

Works fine for me.
Any idea when there will be an answer?

You will only hear from us if you have been chosen to join the team. We are currently being inundated with hundreds of applications to join the team, so it will take us a while to sift through them all and make decisions. If your application is successful, you will probably hear from us before the end of this week.