Jump bar + alias… brilliant

I noticed noteheads are not included in the Jump panel. Also when I try to set-up an alias for a notehead ensemble, it won’t save.
It is a very powerful feature though!

That’s what I’m finding out, and fast: my poor StreamDeck is sitting there, silent and dark, whimpering he doesn’t love me like he used to…

1 Like

I noted that. I’m onto the guys at Metagrid to see where they are with it. I’ve just spent a few weeks with Keyboard Maestro getting Metagrid and Dorico to sync on some key aspects of note entry - still, a more direct route would undoubtedly be better.

1 Like

Hey @David_Tee , just wondered if you heard back from Metagrid about Dorico 4? I thought perhaps I could point it at my Dorico 4 key commands folder and have it work, but no luck … I’m guessing because it’s a whole different app…

Just in case anyone else ends up on this thread wondering about Metagrid and Dorico 4 - I solved the problem for myself. You can import the Dorico (3) Viewset into the new empty default set that Metagrid automatically creates the first time you open Dorico 4 with it running. I haven’t done extensive testing, but it does seem to work just fine.

1 Like

Hi James. Apologies for not answering your question - I completely missed it. Good to see you’ve worked out how to do it. :+1:

1 Like

Not at all! The Metagrid community seems as lovely as this one, I knew I’d get there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want to echo many of the above thoughts in this thread-- the jump bar alias is such an incredible tool and the more I use it the more I like it. It is ALMOST to the point where I never have to use the mouse anymore. I would echo the above request for some way to link properties to an alias, as I think this would remove almost any need to click with the mouse. In the meantime, does anybody have shortcuts for hiding stems, adding laissez vibrer ties, or changing the color/opacity of a notehead?

You can’t perform those functions natively using the jump bar. For that, you need to hack your JSON key command file.