Jump bar key commands

Yes. Go to Key commands, find that filter, and set an alias.

You have to make sure the wording exactly matches, but yes, the options are there.

Just make sure you have something selected: Dorico will only show commands in the jump bar that can be executed given the current selection.

3 Likes

Daniel, you got it. Somehow my selected notes got un-selected, not sure how. Works great! User error.

1 Like

Jump is so cool! A request:

Can it look for words not necessarily in order? For example, instead of :
J: “change voice to up” (which has all the words in order),
[I notice that “voice to up” also works, in fact “to up” works! But they have to be in that order.]

something like :
J: “change voice up” (which has three keywords, but is missing the word “to”, and all commands that contain those three words are displayed),

2 Likes

I agree that would definitely be a good improvement to the way the string is matched. I’ll have a think about how we might be able to do that in future.

3 Likes

Me too can’t get the Jump Bar switch between modes with the defined Key Commands Ctrl-1 and Ctrl-2 - nothing happens. I am on macOS 10.14.6 using Dorico v. 4.3.30.1132
Is there a solution to this problem yet?
I have deleted and re-applied the two Key Commands, without success.
I’d like to avoid using the mouse…

These commands now certainly work in the latest Dorico 5 update. Try assigning different key combinations; perhaps there’s something that prevents Control-1 and Control-2 from working on a German keyboard layout (though I’m not aware of such a problem).

Thanks Daniel, I’ll try changing the key command to something else (changing to English Keyboard Layout did not help. btw.).

[edit] I tried changing to Ctrl-Cmd-1 and Ctrl-Cmd-2 - no response. Even closing the Jump Bar by typing Esc has no effect now. And I can’t input any text into the Jump Bar for now.
And sorry I am still on 4.3.30

Ah, then in that case it’s a known problem in Dorico 4. As and when you update to Dorico 5 you will find that this works as expected. I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Good news, new day, new try.
Dorico has been relaunched on my computer, Today no problems with the Jump Bar, even the two key commands for switching the mode work. I have no idea why it was stuck yesterday.