"Jump to coda"

Hi,
is there a setting for showing “D.C. al Coda” instead of “D.C. al Coda and jump to Coda”?
thanks
coda.jpg

There are lots of options available at Engraving Options > Repeat Markers.

of course there are, alas, I couldn’t find that one

I’m not in front of Dorico for the rest of the day, but my recollection is that what you’re asking for is not only available, but the default! In the absence of a better answer from someone who has it in front of them, could you use the Custom Text property to override the extraneous text? You really shouldn’t need to do this…

OK, I’ve found this one:

which worked, but now it says “D.C. al Coda” without the sign,
why does including the sign adds “and jump to Coda”?
that should be another setting IMHO.

is one of these options above what you’re looking for?

no, thats the jump marker

It’s definitely in that dialog, because I can provoke the “jump to Coda” by setting the top option to “Gould” rather than “Standard”. You’ll have to experiment to get to the bottom of exactly what it is in that dialog, though.

I discovered that “jump to coda” is added by default to the D.S. or D.C. when you choose to use a marker without text. It seems like a conditionally programmed thing. With other things so easy to tweak, I suppose it wasn’t meant to force us in some convention. Could it be a bug then?

3 years later… some things keep getting overlooked with new upgrades.

This “jump to Coda” text is the “Gould” preset, which frankly isn’t very helpful as she doesn’t even use it in her book. She does use the archaic Italian version, although that isn’t selected by default with the Gould preset, which I suppose could be a bug if the look from her book was the desired outcome:

There are plenty of other options without the extra text cluttering things up. Just don’t use the Gould preset and select the options that get the look you want.
DS

DSball

etc.