Jumping straight to a page number

Hi, good people. Is it possible to enter a page number and have the score immediately jump to that page?
[While Dorico is stopped, that is. This is just for working, just for working.]

I’m copying/pasting between two different sections, about 40 pages apart. In different flows. So, rather than scroll with the mouse and laboriously find the right section each time back-and-forth, it would be nice to enter a page number and have the score immediately go there. The Transport doesn’t seem to have that option, unless I’m missing something?

Thanks for any ideas.

It’s not possible at present. You can use Ctrl/Cmd-G to navigate to a bar number.

EDIT: welp, I’m wrong!

Aha! That function also allows you to select a flow, as well as the bar number. Perfect!
Thanks again, Dan. :slight_smile:

Fortunately, it is actually possible to go to a specific page number in the current layout and here’s how to do it :slight_smile:

Wow, thanks so much, Lillie. And Dan - Ctrl/Cmd-G works well for me, but it’s great to know there are two ways to do this that I didn’t know!

For a standard flow with page numbers starting from 1 the keystroke cmd-G works but if you repaginate such that your first page is no longer 1 the keystroke navigation doesn’t… A little programme tweak required?

Having written this, the problem has mysteriously disappeared on a different file also containing pagination not starting on page 1 and in contrast the bar number jump keystroke isn’t working?? Mysterious…

Lillie, I’m getting a 404 on your link.

steinberg.help/dorico_pro/v3/en/dorico/topics/write_mode/write_mode_navigation_go_to_page_t.html

compared to the ‘live’ one:

steinberg.help/dorico_pro/v3/en/dorico/topics/write_mode/write_mode_navigation/write_mode_navigation_go_to_page_t.html

(For the less-than-curious, Go To Page is menu item under Edit > Go To…

Yeah that’s because “things changed” in the latest update - I can edit this post, but forgive me if I don’t edit every old link that’s been shared :wink: I think we’ve discussed how feasible it would be to set up redirects before, but I think in the end it was a bit fiddly and at the moment it’s just not at the top of the to-do list. I’ll make a note though.

Of course, I quite understand that it’s not a fruitful use of your time!