Just 4 chords

This is excellent!!!

And yup 4 chords and you’re a music capitalist slave :wink:

:slight_smile:

Yep, I V VI IV is the order of the day it seems. This is how you sell music. All based on familiarity. The non-muso hears it as an old friend and embraces it. The muso throws up :laughing:

It is excellent!

Was “Let It Be” the 1st one? Ever?

Normally I would agree with you, but the huge, 800 lb., glaring exception to this rule is Steely Dan. Go look up the chords to Babylon Sister sometime, or find a good MIDI rendition, import it into Cubase, and view the score for it.

Yes, and for that reason, ‘Yes, We Have No Bananas’ is the perfect song which can never be improved on.
Not even sure why we keep trying??

Yes, even SD’s simpler songs tend to be somewhat complex in the arrangements, yet they’re very listenable
and enjoy mass appeal. It’s all a matter of taste.
Some people enjoy movies with some depth to the story line, while others are perfectly happy
to spend their entire lives watching reruns of The Three Stooges.

Paul McCartney wrote a song with one chord in his Wings days.

John Cage wrote a song with no chords.

“Tomorrow Never Knows” - John Lennon - 1 chord.

Nah, I’d say it has two, even if the bass part doesn’t change–the horns definitely do Bb over the C drone of the rest of the song.

Both overestimated for musical worth…

Well 4’ 33" is just complete pretentious nonsense IMO.

I rather like many of McCartney’s songs, 3especially from teh Wings Days. Shame about his keyboard player

Absolutely, and the pretentious pseudo-intellectuals over at KVR would crucify you for that statement.

They might try. That sort of vacuous rubbish is easily brushed off. :slight_smile:

Kings new clothes testicular pendulous swingings. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Although the almost sycophantic rantings of Steely Dan wannabes is hilarious, I have to say that Steely Dan have made some wonderful records, including “Reelin’ In The Years”, which are impeccably mixed. But they are no stature above many other productions. Earth Wind and Fire, for example, are just as good IMO, and their productions have enabled complexed arrangements to be mixed with superb clarity and punch.

Personally I couldn’t care less how many chords a song has as long as it stimulates me. :slight_smile:

Yes, I saw this before, great stuff! :sunglasses: