Just bought 10.5 Elements

Hey all, so I justt bought 10.5 Elements. I downloaded it, tried installing and midway installing cubase, elicenser comes up and installs 4/6 things, gives me an error, and proceeds installing, it installed cubase, it’s working. But hence the error I thought it might not work properly, i reinstalled and now when I open cubase it asks for a license activation, I put the code I got from steinberg through email and it said "No eLicenser Selectable. Currently, there is no eLicenser connected to your computer. Please connect a USB-eLicenser to your coputer. Alternatively, re-install your product to create a Soft-eLicenser. So I got eLicenser Control Center (ELC) and I’m entering the code there and it says:
“Currently, there is no eLicenser connected to your computer which you can download your license to.Please connect an appropriate USB-eLicenser to your computer. In case you do not have any USB-eLicensers available and want to download the license to a so-called “Soft-eLicenser”, please contact the software vendor of your product, to learn how to create a Soft eLicenser on your computer system.”

Ok so I’m stuck here, is ELC not soft eLicenser? And why can’t I find an email for customer support on steinberg’s site?
Thanks

Also I forgot to mention, when I put that code on “Mysteinberg” it gives me an error saying someone else is using it already.

Hi and welcome,

Can you see the Soft-eLicenser Number on the left side of the eLCC application, please?

Make sure you have entered Activation Code, not Download Access Code, please. Also make sure you have the latest eLCC installed.

You don’t need USB-eLicenser for Cubase Elements.

Hey,

I do not see Soft-eLicenser Number on my eLCC. And I am putting the Activation Code in there, I also do have the latest version installed as you can see on the picture :neutral_face:

And also cubase worked until I updated windows, then it stopped, maybe that had something to do with it. IDK

Hi,

Try to start eLCC as Administrator and trigger Maintenance.

If it doesn’t help, try to use eLCC Helper, please.

Hey, Thanks for helping Martin.

I tried both but still having the same problem, which is: “Currently, there is no eLicenser connected to your computer which you can download your license to…”

Tried eLCC Helper as well, it says: “Installation failed. eLicenser installation failed” . I tried opening normally and as an administrator

Anybody have any ideas? Please

Hi,

Any details, why the installation failed, please?

Hey, it only says this:

“Installation failed. eLicenser installation failed” . I tried opening normally and as an administrator

When you started eLCC as Administrator and triggered Maintenance, were all items marked as OK?
And you can’t start Cubase (without Administrator rights) anyway?

Did you check that you’ve installed the correct Cubase version?
If you own a license for Cubase 10 it won’t work on 10.5 as it is an upgrade.

All steps were ok when I click maintenance.
Whether I start cubase with or without admin rights i get the same results
I do have the correct cubase version

Hi,

Still no Soft-eLicenser Number? Without Soft-eLicenser Number, you can’t get a license activated.

Hey, still nothing. I have no idea what to do anymore

Hi,

Sorry, I also don’t have any idea anymore.

Anybody?

Edit: solved.

Fixed, thanks for the help

Hi,

How did you fix it, please?

I reinstalled windows