just noise when playing imported audio file

Hi

Since I am experiencing problems with syncing patterning and Cubasis (see: [SOLVED] Interapp audio apps (not) syncing with Cubasis - Cubasis - Steinberg Forums), I am trying to find a work around.
My first idea was to export the audio from patterning and import it into cubasis.
When I play the audio in the audio window, it is fine. Once i import it, it just plays pure noise. see this video of my problem:

Anyone any idea?

Cheers

Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your message and YouTube videos.

IAA allows to route audio, MIDI and effects between Cubasis (host) and compatible node apps in realtime. There are three basic types of nodes:

• Effects can be set as insert or send effects
  • Instruments are assigned to a MIDI track and automatically receive MIDI from Cubasis
  • Generators are inputs for audio tracks

It depends on the app manufacturer what type of nodes are available.
IAA apps that are not listed as instruments (only for audio track inputs) are in fact IAA generators (= only for audio tracks) and not IAA instruments, i.e. they cannot receive MIDI via IAA (only via CoreMIDI).

For more information and step descriptions how to load the various types of IAA effects, instruments and generators please refer to the Accessories/Inter-App Audio chapter in the Cubasis in-app help.

To have the patterning behaviour improved in Cubasis I’d suggest to get in touch with the developer of the app directly. I’m at hand if support from our side is required at his end.

Best,
Lars

I have a different thread where the sync issue is discussed… I am asking here why I am just hearing the noise when I import the audio file (see youtube vid)

Hi Erik,

Did send the app developer a message to exchange about the issues.
Since all reported issues are related to the patterning 3rd party app, please let us focus on it in one topic.

Thanks,
Lars