Keep Recording Screen At Front + Custom Controls

Hi,

So I’ve downloaded the trial version of Wavelab Elements 9.5 and have a couple of questions.

Is it possible to set up custom controls, I’m used to working with Soundforge and would like to add some of the controls to wavelab. One of the most annoying things is playing back an audio file and then clicking the waveform where you want it to play from and all you get is a red line! Also, being able to define custom keys to do different tasks. Is this possible?

Another thing, is the recording screen. Is there a way to keep it at the front, regardless of what else is on the screen? I’m recording vinyl and it would be really handy to be able to see the recording screen at the same time as my RME Total Mix software, but as soon as I click on totalmix, the recording window disappears. Odd!

Also, when recording 2 channel audio, is it possible to see the recorded waveform in real time? Or can the spectrum analyser be seen in real time when recording?

Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

1. yes, you can create custom shortcuts in File > Preferences > Shortcuts. If this is what you ask for.

2. On the Record window, there is a SOLO button, that minimizes the dialogs and hides the rest of WaveLab. However, it does not float on other windows…

3. Yes, the Analysis tab lets you set the Real Time meters to analyze the input audio, and this includes the wavefor.

Thanks for the reply.

1. OK thanks, I’ll have a look at those.

2. I do not have a solo button on the record window that I’m talking about. I only have record, pause, stop and discard?

3. I don’t have an analysis tab either.

#2 and #3 are in WaveLab Pro, sorry.

OK thanks.

Do you happen to know if I buy this, can I install it on 2x macs?

With WL Pro, you need a Steinberg USB-licenser where the license will be on. You can take the USB-key to another computer and run WL Pro there (if you also install the e-License software on the other one).

Thanks, I’m not using pro, just the Wavelab 9.5 Elements. I just need to be able to use it on a macbook and imac. Can this be done?

Yes you can, if you place the activation code of WaveLab Elements on a physical dongle.

Does the dongle have to be in the computer, the whole time the software is used? There’s not many USB sockets free. WOuld it work with a USB type c adapter?

Does the dongle have to be in the computer, the whole time the software is used?

Yes

Is using a dongle the only way to use one wavelab elements license on 2 computers then?

Thanks, by the way :slight_smile:

Is using a dongle the only way to use one wavelab elements license on 2 computers then?

The only other method… is to have 2 licenses.