Key command to save a preset in a Vsti

Hi

I searched everywhere with no luck.

i found the keyboard comme Load a Preset/sound dialog box in a Vst instrument but I don’t find the keyboard shortcut for opening the save preset dialog box.

someone know it by anychance ??? I have thousand of preset to resave and it hurt my hands so much by using the mouse all the time ! I can’t do it anymore :frowning:
(it’s to use with a CMC-PD, so hand hurt less)

Thanks !

I’m not sure if a KC exists. If a KC to save does exist I would like to know too.

If not, it should be a feature request as well as a few other missing KCs.

2 Likes

ok, the positive side : i’m not blind lol…

thanks to have replied, yes it should be a feature request !

1 Like

I so wish you would do this Steinberg. Please!

Echoing Martyprod, simply need a keyboard shortcut to save a preset in a VSTi window.

key-command-to-save-a-preset-in-a-vsti

When you have 100s of presets to resave, it becomes more than a ‘nice to have’.

2 Likes

this is unbelievable that this feature still doesn’t exist in 2023 lol…

1 Like

I found a rough workaround hack. It requires some setting up, but worth it if you have 100s/1,000s of vstpreset saves to do.

1. Open your VST you wish to save presets in
  2. Download and install a macro recording software (for eg like Tiny Task)
  3. Record the action of saving a preset
  4. Tell Tiny Task to repeat the action for x amount of times

The software will then repeat the action for you until done, but yes, I wish Steinberg would act on this.

You do though have to set it up for each VST, but it really can save you hours/days.

2 Likes

dam this a PC app :frowning:

+1, would be very helpful

i’ll try it but i used BomeTranslator to do the same tasks and unfortunatly it’s working only if you don’t move the VST window and that it loaded by default. so it’s useful to use for example to convert some presets but not for using it on a daily basis via a keyboard shortcut, as soon the window is moved the command stop working.

another thing, is to save and convert a preset, that’s mean than there is a way for the software to take the name of the preset somewhere, if not it’s hoppening the save window, but we still have to write the name of the preset by hand. if you have a workaround for that, it would be cool !

1 Like

Here’s what I do to get the name start recording and;

1. click SAVE PRESET button
2. click 'CTRL C' (to copy the preset name)
3. click ESC (escape to leave that page)
4. move mouse to click SAVE VSTPRESET (different from step 1.)
5. click 'CTRL V' (to save preset name)
6. click RETURN (or OK to save and leave page)
7. click NEXT PRESET icon/arrow etc

The above can be repeated as a macro x amount of times, I have saved soooo much time this way.

For this I can just make sure my VSTs are always positioned in the same place. I keep this task mostly separate from composition and production so you can setup a project/template that has them in the same position to do you macros from.

1 Like

ahh good idea !! yes, and the save preset in The plugin, not in cubase to get the name , very smart !!! thanks :slight_smile: !

1 Like

Hey Skank, i want to thank you again for the suggestion of tiny Task for a reason that this forum publically is not the place for, but

started to do the Arturia V collection.

tips to know for other people who would like to do it with tiiny task and the Arturia Collection

1 - no need to set up a speed more than x3, the GUI of the Arturia plugins are not quick enough and more than x3 doesn’t work.
2 - in the banks, select the official banks (bought and factory) by excluding the user ones, because the factory and purchased banks has only Save As when we want to Copy the name of the preset in the menu, but when we do it with any user preset, in the menu there is Save and Save As, so it need to make 2 template for tiny task to do them, one for the user presets, and one for the others.
3 - it’s impressive to see it doing all the tasks, i watched it saved 200 presets lol… like a “robot”
“… Amazing…” lol

it will take some days, and then i’ll start with other brand.

Thanks again !

1 Like

That’s great @Martyprod, no worries— it’s nice to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like