Key Command Window, Command Detection when open

I see that with 10.5 some improvements were made to this window, being able to re-order macros, and to resize the window, however one function that I think would be very helpful does not exist yet.

The key command window detects what the last action was, and displays it. Now, what if the window allowed for this function even when open?

To give an example.

Have the key commands window open, and to the side.

Then press “e” on channel x. ->Key command window goes to command “Edit Channel Settings”
Proceed to insert a plugin in slot 1. Press On/Off of said plugin. ->Key command window goes to command “Activate/Deactivate Ins. 1”
Click on Tab Strip, then on Tab Inserts ->Key command window shows “Select Previous Tab”

etc etc.

I think this would be beneficial for two main reasons.

1. Easier to plan macros. The steps leading to a function become very clear, in real time, so macro making becomes easier, and more accurate.

The function is already there, it’s just that we must open and close the window between each step. I find this much distracting.

1. Easier and faster for beta testers to check which functions work as intended, and which don’t.

Sorry for the double post, but it’s very relevant.

Key Command for loading key command presets. It would allow us to make key commands a bit “context sensitve”.

For example, I like to navigate to markers using the numpad. But I would also like to be able to use the numpad for insert lengths when working in an editor, and not cramp my hand Alt-numbering.

Having key commands to switch between key command presets would allow us to use the same keys for different purposes.

Thoughts? Maybe tips and tricks that I’m missing? (Apart from AHK, my head explodes way easier than it used to.)

+1 (for the first post)

The key command window detects what the last action was, and displays it. Now, what if the window allowed for this function even when open?

Reason why I also want this in Cubase:
You wouldn’t have to keep searching for the commands through the list (or keep closing and opening the Key Commands Window). Yes. It would be nice!
And the two reasons are worth to take this suggestion into consideration.

Please copy the text in the second post to my thread ( Key commands: assign to a key command a... Key Commands preset - Cubase - Steinberg Forums ). I remember I read somewhere that it’s better to have only one suggestion per thread.

+1
Cubase doesn’t remember the last action it only remembers the last kc when opening the kc dialogue. At least here anyway.
Cubase should remember the last action as well as the last kc when opening the kc dialogue. This would then highlight the relevant kc associated with the last action. And then with the OP’s 1st suggestion implemented, we could construct macros and assign Kc’s super quick.

In both 10.0.60 and 10.5.12 versions, Cubase remembers the last action (I just made the tests, not only the… kc. Maybe they’ve made some changes to the 10.5.20 version…