key commands for L/R mixer zone broken in 10.0.10 ?

Thanks Rhino.

Hey Martin (edit: guess we are posting at the same time…)
I guess this is really combination of a feature request plus bug report. (and even that is an opinion :wink: )

FR: Key commands that work without the need for the window to be front-most.
Bug: The commands mentioned in this topic are no longer bound to their functions.

For this situation, here’s the use-case:
For users who place the mixer on a separate display or who use extremely wide displays like 21:9, the mixer is ‘far away’, and they must first look at the mixer window to see whether it’s front-most in order to use these commands.

Having key and remote commands devoted to that function only, in that window only, without the window needing to be front-most, gets rid of the interruption.

This is not so useful for users with a single screen who already flip back and forth between project and mixer, but would be an important gain in the use-case above. Does that make sense?

+1
I also got into this issue… I want to open the right zone of the project window or left zone of the mixers with dedicated commands (I use the CC121 to open these zones now).
I achieved it by the workaround of creating a macro for each one.
The first step in these macros is to move the focus to the particular window (e.g. project or mix consoles).
I added 2x Devices->MixConsole to make sure it gets the focus.
1st one hides it and 2nd one opens it again…short flicker
2nd step is the windows zone command.
This works for me. However, you need to make sure that e.g the MixConsole is initially open to get it to work. If not, then it will open and close… :unamused:
It is easier at the project window as we have a command to get it to front (no toggle).
I would love to have commands to focus to a particular tab to e.g. always open the Media tab at the right project zone with one command.

Yes, my macros incl. key commands to show/hide the left and right Mixer Zones work reliable for me.
I created them with 10.0.10 (no import from earlier versions).
The AHK approach is more advanced and would prevent the flickering, however I can live with the limitations so far.
Let’s hope for the discrete KC… you’re welcome.

As I mentioned. I don’t need to check the focus first as I’m forcing it to the particular window by shortly hiding/showing it.
I use the mouse a lot, but together with my controllers. I hate to use the computer keyboard with shift, alt, ctrl combinations.

+1
Totally annoying :confused:
This has to change. PLEASE

Have you looked at Metagrid? I’m not from the Church of Apple, but a used older iPad with $14 Metagrid has been the biggest KC workflow enhancer in years. Metagrid includes every Cubase KC. You can use a direct KC or still use your old KC shortcuts. And for logical editor or film composers with huge track counts, its a life saver.

http://www.metasystem.io/page-3/video.html

Here are some logical presets. Just in case you didn’t think enough came with cubase. :laughing:
Metagrid_App_Specific_Resources_v1.4.6.zip (341 KB)

Do ask your Mac colleagues! I only know how it works for PC.

Once installed, you get the option to use wi-fi or hard wire from the iPad to your PC. I think those options are explained in the user guide. There is a Metagrid facebook page, or here, I know Rhino uses it.

Personally I use wi-fi, but for occasional back ups, it’s mandatory to use hard wire.

Sorry I can’t say more. I just use it and most KC’s on the QWERTY keyboard are history.

Oops…I meant Raino. :laughing: He implemented it months before I did. I think he is very happy with it and can answer most questions.

I too am scared of all the gizmos and their religion. Unlike old MOTU where PC is an afterthought, the Metagrid user guide is pretty straight forward for PC users. Also, check out some threads at VI Control since there is large group of orchestral composers with large track counts using it.

Anyway, Steve turned this issue in so they know about it.

Take your time with family. Been there done that.