Key Commands for Left/Right Zone not working in MixConsole?

The key commands to toggle the left and right zones (Command + Option + L or R) work in the project window, but aren’t working for me in the main MixConsole windows.

Pressing the icons works correctly.

Is this happening for anyone else?

I’ve already trashed preferences once due to a bug with the MixConsole toolbar, I’ve also checked the key commands and everything is as it should be.

Yes, that’s the case for me too.

Aha, thanks for checking characterstudios.

I still can’t get the key command to show/hide the left zone in the MixConsole to work in 9.0.30.

The command shows up as a tooltip when I hover over the button in the toolbar, but it doesn’t work.

Is it working for anyone else?

Confirmed not to be working in the MixConsole.

Thanks for checking djw.

3 updates since release and still not fixed!

Np! If you want a guarantee that it’s looked at then send a ticket about this to technical support through MySteinberg.

But this is working from the KC folder “windows zones” correct?

The key command is set correctly, and the key command for closing the right hand zone works.

Doesn’t work here either, and it didn’t work in v. 9.0.20. Annoying, if you like using KCs.

CONFIRMED here as well

You can use a Workspace as a workaround for now

To open and close the right and left zones for any mix console I use key commands from the Windows Zones folder. Everything to my knowledge works properly from that folder. I must be misunderstanding something here?

If I’m not mistaken, the KC’s you are referring to are not from the Windows Zones folder. (I’m out of town sorry I don’t remember it’s location.) The KC you are using is specific to the project window only?

Opening and closing right/left zones for all 3 mix consoles plus opening and closing right/left zones for the project window work fine here. The only frustrating thing is having to continually change focus from one window to another…there is no KC to change focus other than ctr+tab and cycle them.

To open and close the right and left zones for any mix console I use key commands from the Windows Zones folder. Everything to my knowledge works properly from that folder. I must be misunderstanding something here?

If I’m not mistaken, the KC’s you are referring to are not from the Windows Zones folder. (I’m out of town sorry I don’t remember it’s location.) The KC you are using is specific to the project window only?

Opening and closing right/left zones for all 3 mix consoles plus opening and closing right/left zones for the project window work fine here.
[/quote]

This is what we are saying:

1. the open/close left/lower/right work just fine on the project page
  2. With any mixer opened up they DO NOT work even though we are using the same key commands

Key Command Setup for Project and Mixer pages, my setup

Project Page:
Show/Hide Left Zone = Control + 1
Show/Hide Lower Zone = Control + 2
Show/Hide Right Zone = Control + 3

Mixer:
Show/Hide Channel Selector = Control + 4
Show/Hide Racks = Control + 5
Show/Hide Control Room/Meter = Control + 6

*I don’t think the main left/lower/right zones work the same on the mixer page as the project page as there is no option for that in the key commands for the MIXER section. Hope this helps you guys, works here using these key commands

Correct. Assuming you mean any console mixer open AND FOCUSED. (I keep lots of windows open at the same time.)

The KC you are using I don’t think is a global KC. It works only for the project page not the mix consoles.

Did Steinberg ever say this was a bug or by design? I’m guessing it’s a progression or work in progress from C7 where no “zones” existed, other than the inspector, to when they added the Window Zones folder in the KC’s, and then with C9 not only left and right zones, but the lower zone.

I guess what I’m not understanding is why even use the old KC, the one the OP is referring to that doesn’t work for the mix consoles, but instead use the KC’s found in the Windows Zone which will work for all mix consoles and the project page too as long as you have proper focus?

@greggybud, what we are saying is we are in fact using the SAME key commands on the project page and the mixer 1 , 2 or 3. The problem is the key commands on the MAC are working on the Project Page and NOT with the mixers for the Left/Lower and Right Zones even though its showing the same key commands int eh top right of the screen, they are selectable there and it says its the same key commands but the mac just beeps at me here, nothing

"The KC you are using I don’t think is a global KC. It works only for the project page not the mix consoles.
"

I think you are correct with this

In the Mixconsole, with stock keycommands, hovering over the Zone buttons at the top right reveals their keybinds. They didn’t work for me.

They haven’t worked for some time now. I remember a bug report in the issues forum. I always have them open in the mixconsole so not something everybody would notice, I guess.

My apologies Shanabit, yes I understand.

Those same KC’s to my knowledge have never worked for mix consoles 1,2, or 3.

And you are correct it’s Mixer: Show/Hide Channel Selector, not the Windows Zones as I wrote above. (that’s my punishment for not in my project studio when reading all this.)

I was simply trying to explain that you can achieve the same end result which is what you described above in your own KC set-up listing your KC’s for the project page and mixer KC’s.

Greg

Well, I sent a support request about this back on the 23rd August and finally got a reply today (incoming emails were delayed due to a server upgrade apparently??).

The response?

‘Upgrade to the latest version of Cubase or trash preferences’.

Seriously?