Key Editor - I can change the velocity of multiple midi parts altogether ?

Hi,

I have selected multipel midi regions that show up in my key editor. The option “Edit Active Part” is off.
Nevertheless, when I select multiple notes and want to change velocity values, only the currently active part is getting the changes. I would like to change all selected notes velocities from multiple parts at once. How can I do that ?

Cheers, lokotus

Hi,

How exactly did you change the Velocity, please?

It works to me here. I tried to change the Velocity in the Controller lane and in the Info Line. Both are working here.

But not for parts on different tracks, right?

Hi,

MIDI Parts of different tracks and MIDI Events. See attached screenshot.

Or do you mean the MIDI CC7?
Velocity.gif

I’m talking about editing velocity in the cc lane, which is what I presume lokutus is referring to.

OK, then this is not possible. You cannot change multiple MIDI CCs at once.

Martin, to be clear, this is about velocity. I understand what you probably mean, but the question is not about Continuous Controllers.

Anyway, to edit velocity (or CCs! :wink: ) for multiple parts on multiple tracks it is possible use the Logical Editor (yes, a totally different way to edit), which will operate on all selected parts.

Hi,

OK, now I got it.

You are right. It doesn’t work for the MIDI Note On (Velocity) in the Controller lane.

But you can change it in the Info Line.

i may have found a halfway decent workaround?

example:
bass, cello, viola, violin.
All have their own instrument track.
all have their own unique pitches of notes
They share the same rhythm, i.e. triplets
and you want to add some velocity emphasis to the triplets.

what to do:
select all 4 events in arrange and open the key editor
make sure that “Edit active part only” is deselected at the top of key editor
select all the notes in the key editor that you want to apply the changes to .

Now, figure out what key modifier you have set up for “Edit Velocity” in the “Select Tool” panel of the “Tool Modifiers” under the “Editing” tab in “Preferences…”

Im not sure what the default is. It will be something like alt/shift, cntrl/alt, etc.

But anyway, whatever that is for you, use that key combination and when you hold down those modifiers keys when the mouse is over the notes it turns into a tiny little speaker icon. Then you can drag it up or down to increase or decrease the velocity of any note you have selected, even if they are from multiple tracks.

Its still not ideal but might come in handy for someone becasue it can save a lot of time in certain situations.

I really hope they make this easier in the next version!

1 Like

This is still an issue with Cubase 12.
Edit All Parts should do what it says, controllers included.

1 Like