Key Switches in Cubase Elements 10 with Halion Sonic SE3

Hi Guys,

I am not new to Cubase, but am starting to get into it more seriously. I am interested in Expression Maps (of course!), but I only have Cubase Elements 10 and from what I can see, Expression Maps are only available in Cubase Pro. Does anyone know if it’s possible to set up Key Switches for articulation in Cubase Elements 10 with a Halion Sonic SE3 workstation? Any help would be much appreciated! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi and welcome,

As a Key Switches, you can just send common MIDI Notes.

If you don’t want to remember the name of the Key Switch (and the Pitch), you can use Drum Editor instead Key Editor, and make a Drum Maps, where you will name the Key switch MIDI Notes accordingly.

Hi Teresa and Martin,
Although I’m still working out the kinks of this and you’ve probably long since found easier ways of doing this, I recently was looking for a similar answer. I’m using a TouchOSC template from one of the guys on VI-Control to work my BBCSO Discover key switches. It took a few hours to get everything set up and playing nicely together since the manual is online but not easy (for me) to use to decipher what’s going on without a working example. If you want to message me, I can provide you a link to the dropbox location for that template if you want to look at how it works. The software is very inexpensive (right now $4.99) and you can load it onto an old smartphone or tablet.