Keyboard command for hor. scrolling?

I am using Nuendo in var. versions for > 10 years and I have always been looking for a key command to perform horizontal scrolling (left/right) in any editor or the project window. I find it very cumbersome having to grab the mouse and aim at the very thin hor. scroll bar everytime I need to scroll to somewhere else in my project or in a midi track, an audio file etc…

After an upgrade or from time to time I scan the (very comprehensive !) key command configuration window looking for this option but I cant find it. There are options for almost any command or setting but ‘horizontal scrolling left/right’ or so doesn’t seem to be available. Am I overlooking something? Are there other ways to get that function on keys? It seems strange that all other such functions are available as key commands. (vert. scrolling …)

I use Nuemdo 11 but the problem (or my problem to find this function) has existed since Nuendo 3 …
Any ideas?

1 Like

+1
This feature is sorely needed and very useful if you use a ShuttlePro. Moving the cursor is definitely not an alternative

Hey guys,

This exists:
Try using your modifiers (CMD/Ctrl, Alt, shift and combinations of these 3) when scrolling.

I’m not sure which one is which (it is muscle memory for me at this point) but you have both horizontal (i believe shift) and vertical scrolling (no modifier), and you can even size all tracks this way (i believe alt).

Cheers

But i thnk the request is for a keyboard command not using the mouse

I’m sorry, I overlooked that!

For the time being a workaround could be to work with an external macro program converting the wanted input into a modifier+scroll command I suppose…

Yes, the request is for a key command. Mouse scroll + Shift doesn’t work well when having a guitar on your knees. Key commands make it possible to operate Nuendo with one hand on a keyboard which is very ‘handy’ while composing with an instrument or rehearsing with a band. In my band I am the guitar player and the Nuendo recording operator.

So why is Steinberg spending so much effort into key commands and then missing one of the most obvious?

Still no key command for Scroll in N12!

Please Steinberg add it in the Navigate section.

Fast forward or backward in the transport is not a solution. That moves the playback head. What if we want to keep the cursor where it is or if we want to remain in play. The need is so frequent.

You can create a macro that jumps one bar at a time and put it on a key. it is also possible to make a macro that jumps 10 or 20 bars. That’s how I manage. For example on the # or * key.
Holding down the button scrolls horizontally.

1 Like

Thx, could you help me out how that macro works? I cant find the related commands.