Keyboard shortcuts not working (Control-Z, etc.)

I’ve got Cubase 5, and, all of a sudden, my keyboard shortcuts stopped working within Cubase. Strangely enough, they do work in the notepad function of Cubase, and also in other software programs, so I know it’s not a malfunction of the keyboard itself. But, when dealing with audio or midi events, I cannot use keyboard shortcuts to copy, paste, undo, duplicate, repeat, cut or any other Control function.

I can use the mouse and the menus to do any of these functions, of course, but I’d much prefer to use the shortcuts.

Has anyone ever run across this before? Perhaps I ticked a box I shouldn’t have in preferences or something? I have found nothing so far after quite a bit of looking. Thank you!

Tim

Cubase 5, Dell Optiplex GX620, 4GB memory, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Is the keyboard open in the transport panel?

Yes…yes it is…that’s it, you’ve solved it for me. I’ve now closed the keyboard in the transport panel and my control keyboard shortcuts work normally once again. Thank you SO much, Bane!
Tim

Awesome. Glad you got it working. :slight_smile:

I think I used to have the same problem like you bro. I finally figure it out. All you need to do is to switch your input keyboard to default ( Press- Window + Space). I am from Chin state, Myanmar BTW.

Hello!! I am in the same situation. I have a Zoom R16 and I can’t find the Cubase 5 LE software I had on my previous computer to install in the new one I bought. Please help.