KeyCommand trouble

I remember that once upon a time there has been a setting in the preferences where you could choose the way plugins receive key commands. Am I just too blind to find that ?

What happens is the following: If I use EastWest PLAY3 as a VSTi, there is a “save” dialog for saving the created patches. If I try to type in a name, all key strokes go directly to Nuendo - even the delete key works :confused:

Any idea?

I don’t have an answer for you. But I was wondering something similar regarding Key commands and Plugs. You can assign a shortcut to a specific plug but that plug can only be applied to an event, NOT the channel. I was wondering how to get it to show in the channel indow (insert or aux).

When you select a channel insert, you get the sub menu with all the plug options for you to scroll through. I would like to be able to use a key command to pull up a plug within that window. Obviosly, this is possible with an external controller. But I can’t figure out how to make this happen with key commands. Is it even possible, maybe with a macro?

Do you have any ideas on that question?

I’m searching for this as well…
It’s so easy to get lost in the preferences. Has it been removed or moved?

Ollie

Not sure about the east west issue,

Loading plugs via key command is not possible, but loading track presets is. I know this isn’t what you want but you might find it useful.

I only use a handful of plug ins all the time. The rest I use so infrequently that grabbing with the mouse doesn’t bother me. I’ve created track presets for the most common ones. Like Equality, post filter and compassion on a dialog channel. This is my first track preset because I named it. !!! DIALOG. I have a key command assigned to Track Preset: Next. Pressing the key instantly gives me what I need.