KeyCommand Utility

To be fair, you can simply copy the contents of the Presets/Key Commands/ from one user prefs folder to another and the presets will appear in the Key Commands drop down menu.

For anyone having difficulties finding the folder in Windows 10, its:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 9.5_64

(That’s the folder were the Key Commands.xml file resides). You need to copy the “Cubase_ShowAllShortcutKeys.vbs” into that folder and then double click it. This will create two HTML files with a list of key commands, which you can then read or print for reference.

Question: If I want to have my own custom preset key command file exported to an HTML file, would I copy the contents of that file into the “Key Commands.xml” file and then execute the vbs file again? Is that the idea? Actually, I think a better way would be to copy my own preset file into any folder, rename it to “Key Commands.xml” and then execute the script… I think that should also work!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Hello my fellow community.
Can someone quick explain to me what this script is?
Unfortunately I’m away and i can not test/download it.
I understand that this is about keycommands but what benefits will i have running this script?
Thank you in advance…and Happy New year to everyone.

It simply produces an html file listing key commands.

Thank you Steve…always helpful.
Happy New year!!!

for people having trouble to get this working:
it might be the specific setting of windows that prevents running the script.
i solved it by :
un-zip the Cubase_ShowAllShortcutKeys_v3_20170711.zip into its folder:
Cubase_ShowAllShortcutKeys_v3_20170711
i copied the Key Commands.xml into the un-zipped folder. then took that whole folder to a PC with Win 7 on it. ran the script in that folder and got the desired result!

thanks

Thank you GargoyleStudio, This tool is really awesome, being able to print out my key command in hard copy form is a huge plus. Thank You Again

just keep getting an abort message

fantastic…
just absolutely super …
thank you so much for this great tool

Hi
I’m older. But this is new to me.
I download the file.
what exactly this file can help me with ?. I know is for a keyboard shortcut An we all need them.
And how to use it after installing this script in Cubase ?.
I’m sorry for …
I post another question in this forum and I’m still waiting for an answer. (Tab to Transients in Cubase)
Thank you for your help.

Hi Steve.
Can you please make Key command list As PDF. for download.
Thank you

i’m assuming no, but would be interested as well to hear if there is a way with osx

This is super helpful. Thanks for the effort and sharing.
Cheers

Is it possible to use this with Nuendo?

Yes, you can make it work for Nuendo as well, just open in Automator and modify it. I also modded the CSS file to get the colors I wanted.

http://reference.studioprime.com/forums/steinberg/KeyCommands/Cubase_10_-_Key_Commands_Generator.app.zip
http://reference.studioprime.com/forums/steinberg/KeyCommands/CubaseMap.css

Yes just load in the default key commands in any version and then run the app and it will output what the defaults are. A macro I run opens it up in Excel and keeps all the formatting from the CSS file. You can just copy and paste from a browser, Firefox pastes the best into MS Excel.