KeyCommands for transport?

Are there any key commands for more transport-functions than those I found @ “Edit Shortcuts” in the Transport Bar?

I’d like to have key commands for e.g:
*Rewind
*Fast Forward
*Rollback 5 seconds
*Rollback 10 seconds
*Rollback 20 seconds
etc. etc.

Or am I overlooking something?
Thanks!

Niek/ Amsterdam.

You can create your personal key commands very extensively in WL.

Is there a way to add commands to the command-names-list in “Customize Commands” ?
I can’t see another way how I can rewind, rollback and forward my transport by key-commands?

Thanks!
Niek/ Amsterdam.

Rewind and Fast Forward can’t be reassigned. The default settings are very standard. What do you want to use as shortcut?

For the rollback (if I follow you), you have to create any desired transport settings, then you save it as a preset (from the transport bar), then you can assign any shortcut to that config.

Thanks PG, but I’ve got the feeling that I’m overlooking something…

2 questions, to try to make things clear to me :wink: :

1. You say: “Rewind and Fast Forward can’t be reassigned. The default settings are very standard”. Does this mean there are keyboard shortcuts already for Rewind and Fast Forward? Where can I find them?
2. I think the presets in the transportbar are only “a quick way to press several buttons in or out” ? I haven’t found out a way to make these presets “automate” key-presses or mouse-clicks for me…Am I wrong in this? Is it possible to “automate” tasks like WL does with keywords?

With rollback I mean: I play a track (by pressing my spacebar), and I’d quickly like to go 5 or 10 or 20 seconds back in time by pressing some other keyboard shortcut (and not by clicking in the waveform with my mouse)…
If rollback is not (yet) possible in WL, I’d be very happy to use rewind (and fast forward) instead, and that’s why I’m searching for the keyboard shortcuts…

Your support is much appreciated!
Thanks!

Niek/ Amsterdam.

2014-12-29_10-17-11.png
2)

I think the presets in the transportbar are only “a quick way to press several buttons in or out” ?

They can do more than that:

With rollback I mean: I play a track (by pressing my spacebar), and I’d quickly like to go 5 or 10 or 20 seconds back in time by pressing some other keyboard shortcut (and not by clicking in the waveform with my mouse)…

Use the fast rewind shortcut (Page Up) then press Enter on the Keypad.

You could also create a preset with pre-roll settings and “play from cursor”.

Philippe

Thanks PG for shining this light on my issue.

Why aren’t the keyboard shortcuts “page up” and “page down” displayed in the “Customize Commands”-menus in the Options-menu nor the Transport-bar?

Pressing “page up” or “page down” followed by return shifts my playhead with +/- 10 seconds…is it possible to change that amount of time?

Thanks again.
Niek/ Amsterdam.

Pressing “page up” or “page down” followed by return shifts my playhead with +/- 10 seconds…is it possible to change that amount of time?

Yes: the gap depends on the waveform zooming factor.

Thanks again!

Niek/ Amsterdam

Why can’t I change zooming factor ratio of the gap that depends on the waveform zooming factor?

I would love to be able to use page down and page up with the same zoom ratio as it was in wavelab 5 and 6.

Why can’t I change it?

The current setting is 0.1 of what I was used to :frowning:

Please help

Try this:
2015-09-26 07_47_45.png

OK, but I can’t find it in WL8 Elements :frowning: