Komplete Kontrol Issues in version 12 Pro

Thanks for the tip Z. Let’s hope they fix it in early revision of 12.

They have to fix a lot on W11 I think. Gui is preaty slugish for me when I compare with C11, but its also Windows 11 problem alone. And with C12 it is evan worse…

Just to let everyone know, Komplete Kontrol works as expected for me in Cubase 12/Windows 10

1 Like

For me it works too now, but with duplicating tracks I had some strange functionality few days ago.

Komplete Kontrol not in my Cubase 12 Pro as well as several other plug ins when attempting to insert said plug-ins. Tried to scan, but to no avail. I’m having trouble finding the appropriate VST folder for my Native Instruments plug-ins. Using a PC, I would assume they would be located on my C drive. Also, I noted that Cubase 12 did not save any of my recent project sessions on the recent files list - it is blank, meaning I’m having to go in and boot directly the .cpr files/session files. Cubase 12 also complained about my Rewire connection to Reason (propellerhead plug-in) of a session that was created and ran fine in Cubase 11 Pro. Frustrating.

Cubase 12 does not support Rewire. Reason Studios (formerly Propellerheads) has deprecated Rewire as a technology, withdrawn the Rewire SDK and removed Rewire from Reason 11 and later. It is no surprise that Steinberg has followed Reason Labs and Ableton in removing Rewire from its products.

It sounds like Cubase 12 has not imported your Cubase 11 preferences. If you still have Cubase 11 installed, you could load Cubase 11 and look in Studio > VST Plug-In Manager to find the VST2 folders you had configured in Cubase 11.

For all of you that got problem with KK automatic-track-focus there is solution that works!!
Read carefully what to delete in your Documents folder!

You are a genius. Thank you so much, I was ready to give up and switch to Studio one for midi production. I already built a template.

Thanks again

Genius is Arnaud88, but I m glad it works!

Him too

Evan better soluttion from @Arnaud88, I made some pictures how to do…
This works also with old broken projects and give back autofocus to them.

2 Likes

Just got Cubase Elements 12 w/ NI S61 Mk2 and iit wont work on W10 Pro - how does yours work?!

I have Cubase 12 pro and a s61 MK1 and everything is fine.

I had the same problem after upgrading from Cubase 11 Pro to 12 Pro. Komplete Kontrol was missing as were many other instruments. I found this fix on another website and it worked!!
On Windows just delete “C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 12_64” folder and run Cubase 12 again. It will transfer your old settings.

Same here; after C12 Pro not recognizing my KKS49MK2, I deleted all Komplete Kontrol (prog and drivers) from Win apps and reinstalled with Native Access. Worked in my case. thx stripealipe.

I have NI Komplete 14, after loading Cubase, HUB no longer starts immediately but lasts up to a minute. It’s the same with Halion Sonic, mediaBay, and when you want to save presets. This was not the problem with previous versions of NI Komplete.

I have same problem, I’ve had the keyboard for an hour and already Cubase has spoilt the fun in a new yet consistent manner

Hmmm, I’m getting similar issues, Cubase 12 Pro, Kontrol S49 Mk2,

I load up an instance of Komplete Kontrol, hit the ‘browser’ button on the keyboard and load a sound. The screens momentarily flash the relevant screen for whatever synth patch I chose, but then they disappear and it goes back to ‘midi’ mode.

If I check the instant of Komplete Kontrol in Cubase and go to its preferences, I can see that under ‘controller’ it has un-ticked my keyboard. If I re-select it, the screens light up with the relevant info again.
If I then go and browse a different sound/synth, it loads, briefly flashes the screens with the new synth and then again drops back to ‘midi’ mode.

Obviously don’t wanna do this each and everytime. Did anyone get to the bottom of any of these problems and have anything I can maybe try?

cheers…

Did you upgrade Komplete Kontrol to Version 3? It has quite a few issues. If so, try uninstalling and reinstall v. 2.9
You should check on the NI forums.

Hey and thanks for replying,

I actually found a solution thanks to @Arnaud88 on these forums. Just took a little digging…

But, I now have another problem which I guess I’ll post up elsewhere in this forum for neatness, but, in a nutshell…

Setup a Kontrol S49 MIDI Remote Map in Cubase, set the encoders to ‘relative signed’ and then set the encoders in the Komplete Kontrol standalone app to ‘relative’ too.
Map the encoders to QC1 to QC8. They now pickup QC on any VST and smoothly pickup and change values. But, go to an instance of Komplete Kontrol, the screens show you the relevant KK VST and its controls. Twiddle away, again nice and smooth pickup. Now, go back to a normal VST and twiddle away and you’ll find a lot of the time the transition back to QC causes jumps in values. The values do update and look correct on the MIDI page/screen of the keyboard but they jump when you start to turn an encoder. Weirdly not all the time but a lot of the time.

Annoying… will report back if I find an answer…

1 Like