Kontakt 4.2.2 crashing Cubase 5.53

Hi,

I’m getting a repeatable crash in Kontakt 4.2.2 (latest) in Windows 7 64bit running Cubase 5 64bit (latest update).

With very few voices (20-30), Cubase crashes, and Windows details displays Kontakt4.dll as the module that crashed. Multiprocessing is disabled in Kontakt plugin in Cubase.

My system is an i7 930 with 24GB Ram and the samples are running off a dedicated hard drive.

Unfortunately I can’t rollback to a previous version as all my nki’s have been saved with a 4.2 version.

Any help would mean the world to me right now, as I can’t do any work with these constant crashes.

Thanks very much.

what does NI support say? have they had any similar reports from other users?

could you roll back your cubase version? was everything playing fine with the earlier version?

hey phidelity,

I’ve sent in a support ticket to NI and hopefully they will get back to me soon.

It’s a concern that I haven’t read of anyone else having this particular issue (although I have read of some VE Pro and Kontakt 4.2.2 issues) but I am going to try as many variations as I can tomorrow, starting with rolling back to a previous version of Kontakt - which unfortunately means re-installing all my Kontakt patches that have already been saved in the current 4.2.2 format. :frowning:

I think Cubase is ok, but I definitely won’t rule it out and will roll back that if necessary.

Hoping fingers crossed that there is something simple causing this.

Thanks!

I’m running 5.1 and with Kontakt 4.2.2 and Alecias Keys. Every so often, the audio just suddenly goes quite for a second or two and then carries on playing. Not actually crashing it though.

hi all,

Just to let you know I’ve rolled back to 4.1.3, and all manner of instability issues, disk spikes and crashes have now disappeared.

chrisyking: I experienced this with another library too - IMHO 4.2.2 is buggy and should not be a commercial release.

K will try that then.