Kontakt 5 in Cubase AI 9.5.40 as VST ins.

Check preferences/midi filter. (Assuming this is present in AI version)

Great hint! Thank you.

Not quite.

As I and peakae pointed out - unless you get an orange lit monitor button(speaker symbol) on midi track you will not get live data through to VST instrument.

All your screen dumps show that monitor is not activated - no live midi comes through.
There are various settings, for versions I ran over the years, Elements and Pro.
I prefer to have it manual - so I myself activate monitor when I want that.

There are other settings like “selected track is armed for monitor” and similar - but then you need to have that selected, and also create confusion if recording both audio and midi and similar.

Not sure about AI version - but there is a midi monitor segment in toolbar/transport panel down far right often - that show midi activity and you get something from keyboard into Cubase.

WELL !

Just a test with Garage band:

It might look like a toy sequencer but . . . .

The controller is working pretty well without doing anything . . .BANG !

So what is it with Cubase ?

I know about the utility of the little orange speaker on a track . . .it might not have been lit on certain photos
but I tried everything on that field.

love you

Vincent

Well, it is not something you try and then put to off again - it should be lit playing live.
Speaker symbol is off for playback from track only, then it should be off.

You said some screenshots might not had speakersymbol on - but none of them have.
Not even the one that Martin suggested a screenshot while playing live- on that screen shot you see midi activity down on the right(to left of red meter).
So speaker symbol was off - and no chance for live midi to come through to Kontakt - so midi enters Cubase but then no further.
So if you tried speaker on, let it be on, please.

The Martin suggested Not Connected - for remote control stuff - that should remain off - so you don’t try one thing and just restore as before because it did not work. So remote controller and vst controller stuff - not connected, as Martin suggested - keep it that way - or that part might eat what you play.

I think your issue started with doing this remote stuff too, try the simple stuff first.

What is good , you have midi into Cubase but what is eating your events when playing?
Only thing missing in that screenshot was speaker symbol lit.

Checklist:
a) Studio setup for midi from UR22 seems fine
b) remote controller - not connected - no in, no out.
c) vst controller - not connected - no in, no out
d) speaker symbol on track to Kontakt - lit.
e) check that you have a specific midi port available instead of All Midi Inputs selection.
If something, like remote controller settings, take the port for you - or similar - just checking.
f) check that midi input on track to Kontakt is Omni - so any channel.
g) if AI version has preferences for Midi - check that Midi Thru is checked and active.
Or Cubase will only record midi, never let live playing through to instrument while recording.
h) set midi channel on midi track to 01(as most you ss have had so far) - that is fine.
i) set fader for midi to 100 or so - this regulate volume(midi cc7 to Kontakt) now that midi channel is fixed to 01.

a starting point - do it and keep those settings…