Kontakt Player 6 not working in Dorico 3.5

Hello,

I just upgraded to Dorico 3.5 Pro from Dorico 2. I was using East West samples in Konkat Player 6 for my project. Now Konkat doesn’t show up in the vst dropdown options. I’ve checked the whitelist, vst path’s in Dorico preferences menu itself, and made sure that kontakt is listed in the new whitelist box from the preferences menu. The Kontakt.dll file is in the correct location.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions where to look next?

Thanks very much.

Please do ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ and post the corresponding zip file here. From that I can give best advice. Thanks

Thanks very much! Attached is the diagnostic file. Thanks for the help.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (332 KB)

Kontakt got blacklisted with you. I’ve sent you a private message on this board, please check.

Kontakt 6 is not showing in Dorico 3.5 for me either - all my other virtual instruments such as Groove Agent are - and I can’t work out how to add it.

Hi HopefulBear,
please also do ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ and post the corresponding zip file here. Depending on that I find in there, I give further advice. Thanks

This is a problem which I have wrestled with for months in my case. After reading many forum entries I thought I would tackle it head-on by investing in an upgrade to Kontakt 6. I downloaded that software and installed it, removing at the same time, a faulty installation of ‘Kontakt 5’ , (faulty insofar as I could not find it on any list of installed programmes nor could I download updates for it). Its DLL files lived in a file in my Drive C: directory and when the Kontakt 6 installation had taken place, it had seen for to dump the DLL file into the same file as the faulty Kontakt 5 (which incidentally, had otherwise worked fine). Using information provided by ‘Dorico’’ I went to edit>preferences to check on file pathways. Yes, mine was correct, but an inspection of one of the XML files meant to be removed when invoking a change in the ‘whitelisting’ showed my Kontakt 5 installation black-listed there.
Acting on a hunch, I went right back to the Program-files…file which still contained both the Kontakt 5 and a single Kontakt (eg Kontakt 6), DLL file and removed everything but the Kontakt 6 DLL. I could then ‘apply’ the status of everything. On going to Dorico and reloading from scratch a 23 player
Kontakt/VSL, then going into play mode and consulting the modules now available in the panels on right-screen, ‘Kontakt’ was there amongst the rest of them. I hope this information is of assistance to anyone experiencing a similar problem.

Ian Smith
Dunedin, New Zealand

Hi,

I have the same problem, can you help me out?[
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (289 KB)

Hi Jin, I’ve sent you a private message via this board, please check.

Hi, I still can’t load kontakt, but can’t attach my diagnostic file as it says it is too big (it is 3.6MB) :frowning:

Hi HopefulBear, then please send it via mail to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’. Thanks

Kontakt now working in my Dorico. Thank-you to Ulf!