Kontakt player 7.0 and Dorico

Hi … I just downloaded Kontakt Player version 7.0. I have noticed that when I open projects in Dorico containing Kontakt sounds, the version with which they open in the vst control panel is still 6.0. What can it depend on?

1 Like

Installing K7 doesn’t replace K6; they are different plugins. You would need to manually make the change to Kontakt 7

2 Likes

How do I assign it to Dorico? I downloaded the update … but kontakt already appears among the vst … should I delete it from the list and reassign it? Thanx…

Kontakt 7 should appear in your VST list as Kontakt7 alongside Kontakt (which would be any earlier version).

1 Like

For existing project you will probably just want to keep using K6. I don’t think there’s any reason to change. Use K7 in new projects.

2 Likes

“For existing project you will probably just want to keep using K6. I don’t think there’s any reason to change. Use K7 in new projects.” - wcreed

I was a late comer to alpha testing Kontakt 7. I think I’m allowed to say that there was some discussion about how to update existing DAW projects to Kontakt 7 from previous versions. There was no clear answer and the consensus was to do just as you said. Franky I can’t see any reason to change to 7 if 6 (or 5) in existing projects does the job. Besides the new browser (a major improvement) I don’t see enough difference from the typical usage in Dorico to update existing projects. I had no issues using K7 in Dorico.

3 Likes