Korg nanoKONTROL2 w/Cubase questions

Hey all. I am considering getting a Korg nanoKONTROL2.

1. Will I be able to assign a nano fader to a Cubase Instrument Channel fader, and control that Cubase fader?
  2. Will I be able to automate the nano fader, so that when I perform an export, it will move the Instrument Channel fader as needed?

Thanks in advance.

1.Yes.
2.Do you mean “can I write automation with the nano fader”? Yes you can. Or you mean “can I ride the nano fader in realtime while it’s exporting?”, err, why do you want to do that?

Hi, thanks. :slight_smile:

No. What I want to be able to do is this:

I have a Korg fader assigned to an Instr Ch
At bar 10, I decide that Instr Ch needs to come up +2 db, and come back down to 0 at bar 12
Instead of opening the mixer and writing the automation to the Instr Ch, I want to write the auto using the Korg. And of course, have that fader move accordingly when I perform the export, so that during the export, the Instr Ch fader moves as it should. I would also like it to move during regular playback. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

You would assign the Nano Kontrol as input to either Track Quick Controls, or to a Generic Remote Device (a bit more complicated to set up)
Once assigned to Track Quick Controls (in the Devices>Device Setup menu), the Fader that you have assigned to, say, slot #1, would control whatever you loaded into slot #1 of the Quick Controls Inspector tab for that Instrument track. And, so long as that Quick Controls tab is read/write enabled, your movements will be recorded.